Best Mattress Protector for Your Home
Your bed offers a safe place to rest and interact with your loved ones. However, sometimes, spills, vermin, or bed-wetting could make this environment less hospitable.
Fortunately, mattress protectors can solve this problem by protecting your mattress with a covering of fabric against spills, fluids, dirt, and sweat while keeping your bed comfortable enough to sleep on.
It could be challenging to find the best fit for your situation or bed.
So, here's a review of the top mattress protectors you can buy and the factors to consider when buying them.
Let's get started.
What's On This Page?
- 1. UltraPlush Queen Waterproof Mattress Protector
- 2. SafeRest King Size Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector
- 3. PlushDeluxe Premium Bamboo Mattress Protector
- 4. Tastelife Cal King Waterproof Mattress Pad Protector Cover
- 5. Queen SafeGuard Mattress Encasement Protector - Allergy Sufferer Safe
- Factors To Consider When Buying the Best Mattress Protector
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. UltraPlush Queen Waterproof Mattress Protector
- Multipurpose Protection: This queen mattress protector provides...
- Durable & Safe: The odor-free queen mattress cover does not...
- Comfort: The mattress pad not only maintains the quality of the...
- Deep-Fitted Pockets: The queen size sheets are designed with...
- Advanced Technology: With a premium waterproof surface and...
Our top of the line selection for the best mattress protector is the UltraPlush Queen Mattress Protector. This versatile product provides safety from accidental spills, bedwetting, bedbugs, and dust mites for any sleeper. It is a great choice for protecting your bed while preventing allergic reactions and staining.
This queen mattress protector is free from PVCs, vinyl, and phthalates, so it's safe to use with minimum risk of indoor pollution. Plus, it's resilient against moisture, which is no question since it beat the 100-gallon flood test. So, this protector offers the perfect solution for bed-wetting.
The corners of this mattress protector are elastic and have strong fitting pockets to ensure a precise fit for optimum protection. The stretchable skirt is suitable for thicker beds and can accommodate up to 18" of girth. As such, you can rest assured that it will conform to the size and shape of your mattress without any difficulty.
This soft and comfortable product will keep you and your family safe from vermin and is suitable for people with allergies. This will guarantee that you can enjoy a good night's sleep without any worries.
- Protects Against Fluids, Urine, Perspiration and Allergens...
- Hypoallergenic Cotton Terry Surface With Membrane Back Coating...
- Great For Those With Kids, Pets, Allergies, Asthma, Eczema Or...
- Will Not Change The Feel of Your Mattress (Registered as a class...
- Fitted Sheet Style Design - King Size Mattress Protector 76" x...
The SafeRest California King Size Premium Mattress Protector is another excellent choice for protection from fluids, urine, sweat, dust mites, and allergens. This product is suitable for people with children, pets, incontinence, or asthma. The SafeRest mattress protector can provide quality protection against fluids and stains and give you the peace of mind necessary for good sleep.
This cover features a high-value cotton terry surface, soft, smooth, and noiseless, making it one of the best mattress protectors on the market. The cotton terry fabric is absorbent and naturally takes in fluids while allowing air and heat transfer to keep your bed cool and dry during your sleep.
The design of this SafeRest product will not interfere with the feel of your mattress and is perfect for all types of mattresses. Whether you have memory foam, latex, or innerspring mattresses, this protector will provide a comfortable and secure fit.
Best of all, you can clean this mattress protector along with your sheets using standard household detergents in your laundry washer. You can also tumble dry it alongside other clothing and towels. However, you shouldn't iron or dry clean it.
3. PlushDeluxe Premium Bamboo Mattress Protector
- ???? SAFEGUARD YOUR INVESTMENT. Keep your expensive mattress in...
- ???? ULTIMATE COMFORT GUARANTEED. Our mattress cover is made from...
- ???? 100% WATERPROOF AND BREATHABLE. Our mattress pad cover...
- ???? NOISELESS, PERFECT FIT. Our mattress topper is designed for...
- ???? BACKED BY 10-YEAR COMPREHENSIVE WARRANTY. We, at PlushDeluxe...
With a quilted terry cloth top, this soft and stylish cover is undoubtedly one of the best mattress protectors you can buy. The PlushDeluxe Premium Bamboo is an ideal and luxurious choice for keeping your mattress fresh and clean for your baby. This crib mattress protector is completely waterproof, capable of managing annoying spills or leaks that are discomforting for your infant.
The PlushDeluxe Mattress Protector is a durable choice that will endure multiple spills and washes without giving in to wear and tear. Additionally, it is breathable, allowing air to pass through to give your child a comfortable and naturally suitable environment for their sleep.
This dryline mattress protector is also hypoallergenic, meaning that it's free from harmful chemicals and safe for your child. As such, it is a great option for children with sensitive skin or allergies. Plus, this mattress topper doesn't produce a crinkling sound as you rest on it, keeping your bed smooth, neat, and silent enough for your baby's peaceful sleep.
The PlushDeluxe premium Bamboo Mattress protector comes with a 10-year warranty to ensure you are delighted with your purchase.
4. Tastelife Cal King Waterproof Mattress Pad Protector Cover
- ✔AUTHORITATIVE ORGANIZATIONS CERTIFICATION: TPU Certified by...
- ✔TOP NBH2O TECHNIQUE: The waterproof barrier protects your...
- ✔BREATHABLE AND SOFT: In this new season, Tastelife combines...
- ✔ EASY TO KEEP IT CLEAN: Machine washable, which adds the...
- ✔TOLERANCE AS A VIRTUE: 18 Inches Deep Pocket, All size fit up...
The TASTELIFE Cal King Mattress is one of the best mattress protectors offering quality comfort for your peaceful sleep. This product combines two layers: breathable surface fabric and another soft cotton layer to provide a cozy and inviting feel to your bed.
This mattress protector is easy to clean since it's washable in your washing machine. You can launder it along with the bedsheets with some typical household detergents and tumble dry it on low heat.
The design of this dryline mattress protector includes a high thread count, which makes this product breathable during the night. This will make sure you don't have to wake up sweaty from your sleep. The pockets on the corners of this mattress topper are stretchable and can easily accommodate an 18" thick mattress.
This mattress protector will keep liquids from destroying your memory foam mattress. There won't be a reason to worry about urine permeating your mattress with the TASTELIFE California King Mattress protector on your bed.
Moreover, these TASTELIFE products come in a variety of sizes and colors. You can choose between a white and grey stripe design in six different sizes.
5. Queen SafeGuard Mattress Encasement Protector - Allergy Sufferer Safe
- 100% Waterproof - Six-sided premium mattress protector blocks...
- Bed Bug Proof - Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal...
- Keeps Your Mattress Clean & Fresh - Blocks dust, dirt and dander...
- Soft & Noiseless - 100% cotton terry top; Wicks away moisture;...
- Queen (60 in x 80 in) - Fits 9 to 12 inches deep; Zippered...
If you are looking for a worry-free time from spills, messy pets, sweating, or bedbugs, the Queen SafeGuard is an excellent choice. This 100% waterproof mattress cover provides six-sided protection against perspiration, urine, and stains of various kinds.
The surface of this encasement is made of soft cotton terry, which is naturally absorbent. So, the Queen SafeGuard can competently prolong your mattress life by offering safety from moisture-damage. At the same time, this cover will keep your bed cool, making it suitable for people who get hot in their sleep.
While bed bugs can be a nuisance feeding off your blood as you sleep, you won't have this problem with this mattress protector on your bed. The membrane of this product will keep bedbugs from entering your mattress. If your mattress is already infested, this cover will keep them from escaping.
This mattress protector is hypoallergenic and can block out mites, allergens, and mildew from infesting. This lightweight pad is thin enough to offer protection while not changing the feel of your mattress.
Factors To Consider When Buying the Best Mattress Protector
1. The Type of Mattress Protection
- Wear and Tear
The padding in mattress protectors adds a fabric layer that protects your mattress from wearing out as you lay it over time. Your mattress can accumulate rips and tears while fading on the areas you mostly sleep on. Mattress protectors provide a line of defense against these problems and prolong the lifespan of your mattress.
- Spills, Sweat, Incontinence, and Stains
A Waterproof mattress protector safeguards your mattress against soaking fluids that can compromise its integrity. The waterproof layer keeps liquids, sweat, urine from bedwetting and stains from ruining your mattress and sleep.
This makes a waterproof protector ideal for sleepers who are sweaty at night, people who take food and drinks in bed, and families with small children and pets.
In addition, this waterproof protection also helps prevent the development of mold and mildew, which are unhygienic.
The most common household allergen in home textiles is dust mites. These pests feed on flakes of human skin and breed inside mattresses.
As such, the most effective way of managing dust mites is using a mattress encasement protector that covers all the sides of the mattress. This will also protect you from other allergens and triggers like pet dander, mildew, and mold.
- Bed Bug Protection
Bed bugs are a type of small vermin that live on human and animal blood and can live inside your mattress and pillows. With a bed bug proof mattress cover, you can protect your bed from bed bug infestation.
These covers are too thick for these pests to bypass, ensuring that you can enjoy your sleep with no fear of bites. You should select a mattress protector that has been approved by an authoritative pest control company.
2. The Types of Mattress Protectors
- Six-Sided Mattress Encasement Protector
Also known as zippered mattress encasements, these mattress protectors cover the entire mattress. They are like large protective fabric bags in which you place your mattress. These products offer optimum protection against bed bugs, dander, dust mites, allergens, and other harmful substances.
- Five-Sided Mattress Protectors/ Fitted sheet style
These products cover your mattress like a fitted sheet. They cover the surface, edges, and corners of the mattress using elastic edging, ensuring a secure fit. This type of mattress protector is ideal for keeping spills, liquids, and stains from damaging your mattress like a fitted sheet.
They are great for preventing your mattress from wearing out but do not provide underside protection from bedbug and dust mite infestation.
3. The Materials in the Mattress Protector
Mattress protectors use different types of fabrics, each having its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are the most common fabrics used in mattress covers.
- Cotton Mattress Pads
Cotton material is a versatile fabric that is hypoallergenic because of its organic composition. Cotton Mattress protectors don't need chemical or pesticide treatments, making them ideal for people with sensitive skin. It's also breathable and offers a cooling experience.
- Polyester Mattress Pads
Polyester offers durability while also providing a variety of styles and textures. Polyester is cheaper than other fabrics and is easy to clean and maintain. Often, it's blended with other materials like cotton to maximize comfort and protection.
- Tencel Lyocell Mattress Pads
Tencel Lyocell is an eco-friendly material that is naturally breathable, hypoallergenic, and prevents the growth of bacteria that cause odors. Since it is soft, smooth, and not abrasive, it is a great option for people with skin sensitivity.
- Bamboo Mattress Pads
Bamboo fabric has hypoallergenic, soothing, and comforting qualities that make it ideal for mattress padding. The fabric is moisture-wicking and inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria in the mattress.
- Cooling mattress protector
The material in a cooling mattress protector is cool to the touch, making it perfect for hot sleepers. This fabric dissipates heat faster than other fabrics to keep the bed cool and comfortable throughout the night. This makes a cooling mattress protector excellent for those who prefer a cold sleep environment.
4. Type of Waterproof Material
Waterproof protectors typically use one of the following materials.
Polyurethane material is a thin, flexible membrane that is 100% waterproof and breathable. This waterproof protector can also remain undetected and silent during sleep. It provides a barrier against liquids, dust, bed bugs, and mites while keeping the bed cool.
While vinyl is thick enough to provide ideal protection from vermin and liquid permeation, it is not breathable. Additionally, it retains heat, making the bed hotter through the night and traps sweat and moisture in the bed. This makes the sleep surface wet and sticky, which can be uncomfortable. They are also loud and crinkly but are easy to wash and maintain.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best type of mattress protector?
The UltraPlush Queen Waterproof Mattress Protector is the overall best mattress protector, according to user reviews. It is durable, comfortable, and provides premium safety against liquid spills, dirt, vermin, and bed-wetting.
2. How do I choose a mattress protector?
The features you should consider when choosing a mattress protector include,
- Size of the mattress
- Ease of cleaning
- Additional features like waterproofing, protection from pests, and cooling fabrics
3. How often should you wash a mattress protector?
- For general protection, you should wash your mattress protector every second month or after bedwetting.
- For bed bug protection, keep on the infested mattress for at least a year to starve the bed bugs.
- For allergy prevention, wash monthly or whenever allergies flare.