- QuietPower Series Inverter Technology - Inverter technology...
- 306cc Integrated Engine/Alternator - A highly-efficient...
- Protective, Noise-Reducing Shell - With an all-steel frame...
- Compact, Lightweight Design - With a design that’s 45% more...
- CO Guard carbon monoxide shutdown technology - Shuts down the...
Briggs and Stratton, founded in 1908, is one of the oldest American companies manufacturing generators and related products.
You will find a variety of generators under the Briggs and Stratton name including residential, commercial, and job site units. One of its flagship products is Briggs And Stratton Q6500.
It’s a durable generator with a steel frame that protects internal components and also suppresses noise and vibrations.
The generator is suitable for not only indoors but outdoors as well.
It’s quite powerful and can run a variety of appliances. Plus, it’s also quite light in weight and hence highly mobile.
So, without further ado, let’s have a look at features of this beauty in this Briggs and Stratton Q6500 Series Inverter Generator review:
Briggs and Stratton Q6500 Inverter Generator Specifications:
4 stroke OHV engine
Recoil Manual System
Metal, Steel open frame
14 hours on 25% load.
Two USB outlets, four 20V-20A GFCI-protected outlets and one 120V-240V-30A locking outlet (For RV).
25.53 X 21.12 X 21.43 inches
2 years limited warranty
Brigg and Stratton Q6500 Inverter Generator Features:
- Power Packed Engine: Briggs And Stratton Q6500 incorporates a solid 4 cycle OHV engine that offers a displacement of 306 CC.The engine is well protected and comes in a steel frame enclosure which not only keeps the internal parts safe but helps reduce the noise and vibrations.
- Power: With Briggs And Stratton Q6500, you get a starting peak power of 6500 watts that is enough to start a number of big appliances including refrigerators and even microwaves.It is also able to produce a consistent running power of 5000 watts, making it a suitable option for not only homes but offices as well.
- Start-Mechanism: It has a recoil system which may not be as simple or easy as the electric start system but is not very difficult either.
- Operating Time: It a 5-gallon fuel tank which offers a runtime of 14 hours at 25% load. You can even run more appliances and sleep peacefully thanks to the excellent run-time offered by this beauty.
- Noise: It’s not super quiet but not very loud either. At 25% load, it produces 66 dB of noise which is acceptable considering the amount of power it delivers.
- Safety Features: The generator comes equipped with a voltage regulator that helps gauge voltage. It also has circuit breakers for added security. Moreover, there is also an oil shutdown feature that shuts the engine off when the oil is low.These safety features make the unit safer and more reliable.
Briggs and Stratton Q6500 Inverter Generator : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS):
Q. What kind of appliances can I run with Briggs And Stratton Q6500?
Ans. You can run power-hungry appliances including washing machines, dryers, irons, LCDs, ACs, microwaves, etc.
Just make sure to keep the total consumption under 5000 watts.
Q. Can I increase power?
Ans. It is not possible to increase power as it does not have the parallel capability feature.
Q. Is carbon monoxide bad for health?
Ans. Yes, it is. Carbon monoxide can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be lethal. This is why you must keep a good distance (25 meters) from the unit while it’s operational. Moreover, do not keep plants or pets close to it.
Q. How will I know when to add fuel?
Ans. There’s a fuel meter attached on the unit that monitors the amount of fuel left in the tank. Keep an eye on it to gauge for fuel. This will keep you updated on when to add fuel so that the unit can keep running.
Briggs and Stratton Q6500 Inverter Generator is quite powerful with some kickass features. It might be a bit noisy and heavy but such issues are easy to deal with.
Get your hands on it if you need a powerful generator that’s safe and easy to use.