Using a solar light can be an excellent way to save up on energy, bills and a lifesaver when you don’t have any reasonable power outlets. But is the best spotlight worth the investment? Well, based on your research, it is – and in many ways. However, slow down for a minute, and learn about some few factors associated with buying a solar light.
To be specific, if you want a light that serves the purpose, and one that delivers the best value for money, it's good to start with the right products. It's one of the main goals of this guide, alongside recommending some top products for you to consider before buying. We have the top pick being the ZOOKKI Solar Lights Outdoor, 28 LED Wireless Motion Sensor Lights, thanks to the sheer number of reviews it has received. However, we have some other excellent lights for you to consider as well.
Let us dive right into it
How To Buy The Best Solar Spotlight
Over the past few years, the availability of sunlight has improved, and there are various choices and styles when it comes to choosing solar lights. Solar lights are excellent additions to your property, including places such as your walkways, patios, gardens and more. When you choose the right type, you also have one that can complement your interior décor.
How Does A Solar Light Work?
A solar light features photovoltaic cells that work to absorb light, and this energy is then used to power batteries. The batteries then provide power which works to light bulbs at night. Since solar lights acquire power from the sun, they have to be installed in areas that have adequate sunlight. Usually, this averages at between 5 to 8 hours of exposure to the sun.
What Happens If You Don’t Have Direct Sunlight?
A suitable method for understanding how to install your solar lights would be to use specific techniques. For instance, if you want to install solar lights in the in place that receives lots of sunlight, you are sure of receiving optimal sunlight. However, if you live in the city where its challenging to get adequate sunlight, then you may need professional help for the installation process.
Consider the following factors when you want to choose the correct position for your solar satellite:
- Charge – there are various options on the market that feature LED lights. These types are excellent because they provide better power when compared to the incandescent bulbs. Plus, you will find information on the run time when you consider information from the solar spotlight manufacturer
- Brightness – you also have to estimate the average solar path light can provide, with the same effect as you would expect with a 40-watt light bulb. You will be pleased to know there are stronger options available for the same. The metric for brightness is lumens, with most solar panels falling under the 40 lumens mark.
- Design – solar lights are available in many designs and styles. The high-end types are available in different designs and aesthetics that you have to consider. If you want a high-tech lighting option, consider using the motion-activated lights. Plus, you can also go for the types that will glow with a flickering pattern, just in the same way as candles.
Features Of The Best Solar Spotlight
Below is a compilation of some of the key features we have noticed among the best spotlights:
- Bright and rotatable lights – it goes without saying that an excellent provides high levels of lumens. On average, the ideal light should be the wide-angle types that can provide fantastic light angles. Also, consider going for lights that are easy to adjust to suit your preferred angle, with some being easy to rotate 360 degrees to face the sun. The maximum brightness of a solar light should average at 500 lumens or higher.
- Automatic functions – since a solar light charges using the sun, it's great to find one that comes with automated features. For instance, some types can detect motion at up to 26 feet within an angle of 120 degrees. When the night comes, the light can run in the low light mode. If it detects any motion, the light should increase brightness as a security measure. At dawn, the light should turn off automatically and start absorbing energy from the sun.
- Heavy-duty and durable construction – you need a powerful solar light that can withstand exposure to weather elements. Thus, most brands make lights that have IP65 waterproof ratings, and can also withstand exposure to dust. Such lights are excellent for lighting up your homes even during stormy and snowy nights. Plus, the good thing is that you don’t need any wiring for the entire process.
- Optional modes and ease of installation – the light has various modes that you will find convenient to use. For instance, it comes with an “auto-on” function for during the night and “off” for during the day. The good thing is that you press a simple button which works to activate the functionality of the light. A good light is also easy to set up, whereby you stick screws into the ground, for easy installation.
Other Factors To Consider
Why Go Solar?
The key benefit of solar lights is that they are simple to install. Thus, you don’t have to spend extra cash on professional services, such as hiring an electrician. Plus, you are also free from the burdens of several bills, just as you when you would be using an electrical system. As such, the only cost associated with using solar lights is the installation and set-up process. In some cases, you may have to get an additional battery to make things easy. The good thing is that these fixtures are easy to set up and simple to use indoors.
While you don’t necessarily have to install a solar light close to a power outlet, you have to install the lights where they will get optimal exposure to the sun. These lights usually feature a solar cell that works to convert the energy into electricity. Also, the power is stored in a rechargeable battery that can transform the energy into electricity. Plus, most high-end light makers incorporate their lights with automatic functions that let the light turn on and off even when you are not around.
The ideal number of hours to expose the light would average between 7 to 8 hours. Remember that various factors come into play when it comes to determining the light intensity and quality you will get. Solar lighting will require a small amount of maintenance, and you should install them well so they will get optimal exposure. There are many options you can consider, including getting remote solar panels, that you can set up in shaded places.
PRO TIP! – Have a look at this video on solar lights by Love & Solar Co., Limited to get a perspective on what to expect with these lights!
1. Top Pick: ZOOKKI Solar Lights Outdoor, 28 LED Wireless Motion Sensor Lights
- 🌹【Professional Tests & Warranty Policy】Having passed every...
- 🌹【Wireless Solar Powered Lights】Equipped with 28 bright...
- 🌹【Intelligent Solar Motion Sensor Lights】Detecting...
- 🌹【Sensitive Solar Motion Wall Lights】Just using the Key...
- 🌹【Outdoor Solar LED Security Lights】Made of high-impact...
The world is increasingly moving towards efficient and eco-friendly solutions. The ZOOKKI is perhaps one of the best symbols we can use to represent this movement, and it's easy to see why. The features on this unit are outstanding.
It comes with a simple to use design, whereby you can set up the light using a key pin, and mount them using the compatible screws and plugs. Plus, the unique design of the lights means that you can install them at heights of between to 6 to 13 feet. Featuring as many as 28 bright LEDs, this powerful light can provide as much as 1200mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery, that can deliver 400 lumens. It even comes with a no dim mode, that can improve the work time and the longevity of the light (5,000hours).
With a sensing range of up to 26 feet and a 120º wide-angle design, this light is perfect for various lighting applications. It will automatically turn to “ON” within 3-5mm even when used in low light conditions.
2. Claoner 32 LED Solar Landscape Spotlights
- 🔆【Cold White Solar Spotlights】Brighter 32 LEDs with total...
- 🔆【3 Brightness Lighting Modes(Always on)】Low Lighting...
- ♻【High-efficient Solar Panel】The solar lights outdoor works...
- ⛈【Waterproof & Heatproof】Made of high-impact ABS plastic...
- 🏡【2 Ways of Installation】Stick into the ground / Mount on...
Change how you light your environment when you have the Claoner 32 LED solar landscape spotlights. These lights come with as many as 32 LEDs, and it can provide 1200 lumens and wide-angle lighting design for convenience. Since it’s also lithium rechargeable, the light is highly convenient and suitable for power efficiency applications. With such a unique combination of features, it’s easy to see why this light is practical and fashionable than most other types today.
The light has three brightness modes, with the lowest being able to provide 24 hours of power. The lights are also excellent because they can detect adjustments in the external environment. When the light is low, the light will change from energy saving to motion detection. With such a unique combination of features, this unit is ideal for your garage, driveway, pathways, and more.
You will be pleased with the adjustable light angle, which you can adjust to up to 180 degrees. Thus, the light makes up for an excellent solution for an excellent addition to your modern property. Its also easy to set up, and the appealing aesthetics make it suitable for exterior designs. Furthermore, you can also adjust the light panels (up to 90 degrees), to provide optimal exposure, and to enhance the solar conversion levels.
3. Solar Landscape Spotlights, Brightown Waterproof Adjustable Outdoor Led Spot Lights
- 【Super Bright & Natural Light Solar Spot Lights】: The...
- 【Energy Saving & 360° Adjustable Solar Garden Lights】:...
- 【Dusk to Dawn, Auto ON/OFF】: with built-in photosensitive...
- 【Durable and Waterproof Ideal Spotlights】:Our solar garden...
- 【Easy to Install & Adjustable】The solar outdoor spotlight is...
Discover the excellence of the Brightown Solar Landscape Lights, which are excellent for various lighting applications. The light is super bright and features 30 Lumens of LED lamp heads. These heads are more luminous than the conventional lights that you will find in the market. As such, you are sure of maintaining an excellent lighting distance, and the 4600K-5600K lights are safe for the eyes.
Designed to be easy to set up and use, this light makes up for an excellent addition to your property. It even features material that has high hardness ABS material, and triangle patterns that make it exceptionally durable. As one of the most durable light, this unit can last more than 1000 times than most ordinary lights.
According to Brightown brand, this light charges automatically and comes with high-end energy-saving functions. The light is also practical and does well to complement the aesthetics of your property. You will also be pleased with the exceptional 600 mAh lithium rechargeable battery, that offers several days of reliable functionality. With some many unique functions, it's easy to see why this light is ideal for lawns, gardens, sidewalks, driveways and more
Brightown landscape solar light group has a built-in upgraded 600 mAh lithium rechargeable battery. Just adjust the angle of the solar panel and LED light to illuminate the best spotlight and get the ideal lighting angle. It is very suitable for lighting bushes, backyard courtyard landscapes, roads, gates, lawns, gardens, sidewalks, sidewalks, and driveways.
Made using high quality and IP44 waterproof grade material, this light is perfect for various outdoor applications. You will also find it easy to adjust the light 180 degrees, and you can also change the position of the ground plug that sits under the light.
4. APONUO Led Solar Spotlights 2W Solar Powered Landscape Lights Outdoor Spotlights
- 【Warm White】With an output of 150 lumens, aponuo solar...
- 【Solar Powered】The landscape spotlights turn on automatically...
- 【Daisy Chain】About 33ft long in total, 16.5ft long from plug...
- 【IP65 Waterproof】Aponuo landscape lights can withstand rainy...
Realize what you have been missing in your lighting regimen when you have the APONUO LED Solar Spotlights. Capable of producing an output of 150 lumens, this light can make up for an excellent addition to your modern property. The makers of the light have done well to include two brightness modes, which make the light highly convenient to use.
The landscape light is powerful, and it will switch on automatically in the evening, or switch off when the sun rises. Thus, you have a convenient light which you will find easy to set up in your property. Thanks to its appealing aesthetics, the light is also ideal for adding accents to gardens, illuminating fountains and more.
Since the light is 33ft long in total, and 16.5ft long from the plug, its easy to set up and use. It will not only illuminate your desired space but also provide excellent sun exposure benefits. As you would expect with all high-end lights, this unit has an excellent IP65 rating, that can withstand snowy and rainy days.
5. BAXIA TECHNOLOGY Solar Lights Outdoor
- ☀【Solar Powered Outdoor Lights】 Solar is future! Do you...
- ☀【2000 Lumens Bright Solar Light】 Brighter 100 LED beads...
- ☀【Outdoor Motion Sensor Light】 Your safety is guaranteed at...
- ☀【IP65 Waterproof Durable Outdoor Light】 Made of...
- ☀【Wireless Solar Motion Sensor Light】 You will be amazed at...
With the Baxia Technology Solar Light, you have a powerful light that can detect motion in ranges of 125°and distance of 10-16ft. It’s an exceptional lighting range, which you won't find with most ordinary lights in the market. To make things better, this unit can deliver as many as 2000 lumens of bright light, to make it ideal for various applications. The light makers of this unit have made this possible with 100 bright LEDs that are included with this unit.
Designed to be a reliable light, this unit can even absorb sunlight during the day. All your power is saved in an exceptionally powerful 2600mAh high capacity battery that offers years of longevity. Plus, according to the BAXIA brand, this light has an exceptional “17% conversion rate”. What is this? It means that light can last for a long time and without causing any compromise on the light quality.
In darkness or during low lighting conditions, this unit can easily detect motion and turn on automatically.
The world today is increasingly moving towards sustainable solutions because it's an approach that has many benefits. We have developed this best solar spot light guide to help you get started on the journey to setting up a sustainable solution in your property. However, halt your horses of joy and excitement! Why?
Before you get a good light, you may have to conduct adequate research and choose a solar light that meets your needs. This guide is meant to help set you on the right track to selecting the ideal version for your property.