We've always known how to make the most of the space we’re given in our homes. Whether they’re too small, too big, or just need a little spruce up, there are so many ways to bring more life and light into your house without breaking the bank.
There are so many home improvements to consider, and one of the things that we like to do is to make sure the space we’re working on is as functional as possible. That’s why, here, we’ve rounded up some of the easiest and most cost-effective home improvements, such as making your bathroom more accessible and safe. So, here are some ideas you can easily implement that can really boost the feel and value of your home. For some of the solutions, you may need the help of professional divers to deliver decoration items safely to you.
Kitchen & Bathroom Makeovers: Bring More Life and Light to Your Home
To save money when renovating your kitchen and bathroom, you don’t have to be penny-pinching or use up all your budget. We’ve taken a look at some home improvements that are easy to do and don’t require much outlay, but add a ton of character to your home. As much as you can spend on a kitchen and bathroom makeover, spending twice as much will mean you get a kitchen and bathroom double the size. So, here are the options.
- Bringing more light into your kitchen and bathroom is one of the easiest ways you can brighten up your space while making the space appear larger. A quick change of the lighting can make a world of difference in the way you feel while cooking, eating, or cleaning;
- When it comes to installing or repositioning lights, you can either opt for the traditional method of adding new fittings. Alternatively, you can reposition your existing fittings. The first option is more traditional and easy to install. However, if you opt for the second, you’ll have a whole host of different fittings to choose from and can select one to suit your needs. You’ll also get better lighting coverage if you do the repositioning;
- You can also reconsider the storage area. Adding a bathroom is a great way to create more storage space for things like shampoo and conditioner, toiletries, and your favorite beauty products. One of the most important things you can do to add more storage space is to get a freestanding bathtub. It’s great for storing toiletries and beauty products, as well as a handy space for doing the family or guests’ hair;
- A new showerhead or new shower curtain can brighten up a bathroom as well as add some space. You can opt for different colors and materials for a new shower curtain. You’ll find shower curtains made from different materials, like glass, aluminum, metal, or plastic. There are some shower curtains that are made from bamboo, cotton, silk, or linen, as well as the most traditional nylon or silk. You can also opt for shower curtains that are made from cork;
- You can also play around with the available designs. For a new shower head, you’ll find some great alternatives, including the most modern and futuristic designs, as well as the traditional wooden ones. In order to make sure you get the best from your shower head, you can choose from a range of different technologies, including touch-activated, showerheads that can help warm the water and even showerheads that run on an electronic water-saving circuit;
- Modern bathroom renovations are a great way to give a modern feel to a tired old bathroom without the need to go out and buy new and expensive fixtures. While some people believe a modern bathroom should be all about a clean and functional space, if your bathroom is in need of an update, you’re definitely not the only one.
There are plenty of things you can do to your bathroom to make it look and feel modern, without the need to break the bank. It’s up to you to decide which design option will work best for you and what design project is costly to implement.