Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair Around Your Home
It is a real hassle cleaning after your furry friend, especially the fur if you are prone to allergies or just hate the idea of balls of fur hiding cleverly on your surfaces. You probably dislike vacuuming already, so cleaning invisible pet hairs can't be your best chore. But, in 2021, and with impeccable technological advancements, this should not bother you. You need a robot vacuum specifically for that.
Robot vacuums for pet hair are designed to pick even the smallest inch of pet hair from your floors and surfaces. They come with features like mopping and self-emptying, and the best part is that the brushes won't get clogged. They have powerful suction, an efficient filtration system, and should ideally have a rubber or silicone brush to avoid clogging.
If you've decided to buy a good vacuum to deal with your furry friend's hair and dander, below are 5 you can consider this year.
What's On This Page?
- 1. iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum
- 2. Eufy by Anker: BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Neato Robotics Botvac D7 Robot Vacuum
- 4. Ecovacs Deebot OZMO U2 Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 5. Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty XL RV1001AE Robotic Vacuum
- Factors to Consider when Buying the Best Root Vacuum for Pet Hair
- The Best Time to Buy Your Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair
1. iRobot Roomba i7+ (7550) Robot Vacuum
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for...
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE & POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt...
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the i7+ learns...
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as...
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot...
It is the best robot vacuum for cleaning pet hairs, dander, and even tiny mites. The first very loveable feature of the Roomba i7+ is self-emptying. Many other robot vacuums require you to keep emptying the bin several times before they are done vacuuming your whole house. However, this vacuum senses when the bin is full and empties it, and then picks up right where it left off. It doesn't empty with every session, the bin can store dirt for up to 60 days. Additionally, it comes with a High-Efficiency Filter that traps 99% of dust and pet allergens to keep you safe.
Here is how the robot works, though. The first time you send it to clean your house, it uses its vSLAM navigation technology, gathering hundreds of thousands of data points per second, to learn the layout of your home. It then creates Smart maps it will follow in efficient rows while cleaning to avoid obstacles.
It cleans with dual multi-rubber brushes that reach dirt in the tiniest places, and pet hair won't clog them. Compared to other models, the iRobot Roomba i7+ has a 10x more powerful suction. Another feature you get is the vacuum's ability to follow your cleaning routines, and it can even suggest more cleaning sessions during pet shedding seasons.
This vacuum is compatible with Alexa and Google Voice Assistant, and this is a feature you want to use if you have a pet. If your furry friend has a favorite play area in your house, you can tell Alexa to direct the i7+ to clean that area only. Likewise, you can ask it to steer clear of certain rooms or objects.
2. Eufy by Anker: BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to boast our strongest ever...
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within...
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** on hardwood floors...
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for...
- What You Get: RoboVac 11S MAX, remote control (2 AAA batteries...
This Eufy Robovac 11s cleaner is one of the best robot vacuums you can buy if you have a pet. It features a 2000 Pa suction power that will eliminate dust, pet hairs, dander, and other pet-related messes from your floors and carpets. Its BoostIQ technology senses when a surface needs more vacuuming and increases the suction power within 1.5 seconds.
It comes with 3 brushes for a comprehensive 3-point cleaning system comprised of a suction inlet, a roll brush and a side brush. It boasts versatile cleaning modes for different scenarios and surfaces. It is equipped with 10 inbuilt infrared sensors that keep it aware of its surroundings. It has anti-collision sensors that direct it away from obstacles, and features anti-drop sensors to avoid lifted surfaces such as stairs.
Apart from its impeccable cleaning abilities, you will love this RoboVac's quiet operation. It also features a 0.6l dustbin that allows it to clean surfaces for a full 100 minutes of continuous operation. It is battery powered and can be remote controlled.
3. Neato Robotics Botvac D7 Robot Vacuum
- Corner-cleaning ‘D’ design -- round robots can’t reach...
- Intuitive & Easy. Neato’s advanced engineering is all under the...
- Laser-guided mapping -- D7 technology intelligently navigates and...
- Floor cleaning for carpets, hardwood, kitchen tiles -- equally...
- Pet hair specialist -- imagine your floors without pet hair....
If you have an adventurous pet, you have a lifesaver in this Neato BotVac D7. It is a top-level robot vacuum with a D-design to tackle those tight corners that may be hiding undesirable pet hairs. It is capable of vacuuming for a straight 120 minutes, and if it runs low on batteries, will stop, recharge itself, and continue cleaning from where it left off.
This vacuum uses powerful lasers to see and detect what is happening around them so that it won't go bumping over objects. The lasers help it create a map of your house so it can navigate around furniture.
You can design a cleaning schedule that your robot can follow on the Neato App. The Neato D7 also comes with the crucial No go lines, and with the help of Alexa or your Google Assistant, you can tell it where it should not go, and thus, can leave your work items there. The No-Go line is a great feature if you live in a multi-level home and are creating a cleaning schedule for the robot.
As a pet owner, you are most prone to allergic reactions from inhaling or coming into contact with pet allergens. Now, when cleaning, the part you dread the most is when emptying dirt into the bin because some will fly back into the air. If you buy this Neato Robotics vacuum, you can say goodbye to this worry as it features a HEPA material ultra-performance filter that traps in 99.5% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
The robot vacuum is Wi-Fi enabled, so you can connect to it through your smart devices, and then instruct it when and where to clean.
4. Ecovacs Deebot OZMO U2 Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Extra Pet Care Accessories: Ecovacs Deebot U2 Pro comes with an...
- Boundary Stripe for No-GO Zones: Deebot U2 Pro is compatible with...
- Electronic Adjustable Water Tank: Deebot U2 Pro is equipped with...
- 2.5Hrs Run Time: Built-in 3200mAh battery power, Deebot U2 PRO...
- Systematic Cleaning Pattern: Optimized for hard floor cleaning,...
You will love this robot vacuum if you have messy pets. It is a 2-in-1 vacuum with a tangle-free silicone brush to handle all your pets hairs. As it sucks and mops the pet hairs, it stores them in a 0.8 l dustbin that boasts triple layer filtration. The OZMO mopping feature is supported by a 300ml water tank that can clean a whole 2000 square feet.
A robot vacuum that is specifically designed with pet owners in mind, it comes with progressive technology that enables it to follow a back and forth cleaning pattern in a straight line to avoid missing any hint of pet hair. On a single charge, this robot can clean continuously for 2.5 hours.
You can also set cleaning boundaries for the Deebot U2 Pro so it won't go near your children's play area or near pet food bowls. If you suspect your pet is shedding too much hair, you can set the vacuum to Max+ mode that boosts the average suction power by 2.5 times to suck all hairs, especially from the carpet.
The vacuum is compatible with Google Assistant or Alexa so you can ask it to start or stop cleaning. Alternatively, you can set up cleaning schedules on the ECOVACS Home App.
5. Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty XL RV1001AE Robotic Vacuum
- FORGET ABOUT VACUUMING FOR UP TO A MONTH: A bagless,...
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Deep-cleaning power to take on large debris,...
- NO HAIR WRAP: Self-cleaning brushroll removes pet hair and long...
- PHONE OR VOICE COMMAND: Schedule whole-home cleanings or target...
- TOTAL HOME MAPPING ROOM SELECT: Maps your home and lets you...
This robot vacuum is ideal for you if you often get allergies from handling pet hairs and dust. It comes with a self-emptying feature, and a big dustbin so you don't have to think of your cat or dog hair for well over a month. It also uses a self-cleaning brush roll that is ideal for dealing with pet hair. The dual-edge and corner brushes reach the deep corners and tough to reach areas to sweep up any remaining impurity.
It also has a reliable home mapping feature, and you can use the accompanying app to tell it which room to clean and when. It is compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa, and also Wi-Fi enabled.
Factors to Consider when Buying the Best Root Vacuum for Pet Hair
Buying a robot vacuum can be a bit challenging because of the many offers on the market. You want to buy a vacuum that can effectively eradicate pet hair even during their shedding seasons, but you also want one that can keep your house very tidy. The following are questions you should answer to narrow down to the best robot.
1. What are your cleaning needs?
Before buying your robot vacuum, you need to understand what kind of cleaning you want in your house. Different robot vacuum brands have various features, i.e., some are good for cleaning very short hairs. In contrast, others have rubber or silicone brushes that can easily clean long hairs without tangling. Thus, it would be best to buy one that is ideal for your pet's hair length.
If your pet is very active, you will need a vacuum that can clean hair for extended periods as the pet will probably shed more hair while playing.
2. Which features do you need most?
While many vacuums have adequate features to clean pet hairs, you might be required to get a more complex one that can do more than just clean. These are a few instances you might need more features from your robotic vacuum.
- You are prone to allergies. If your furry friends are the source of your bad allergies, or you sneeze at the sight of dust, you may require a robot vacuum with advanced filters that ensure no dust or fur gets out into the air. You would also require a vacuum with a self-emptying feature, so you don't have to empty it every time it cleans. Additionally, you might also need a vacuum with a big dustbin that can store the dirt for longer.
- You have a big house. If you live in a big house, you will require a robot vacuum with long battery life. Some vacuums can clean up to 2.5 hours continuously before they run out of power.
- You need a vacuum with big wheels to maneuver your house if you have several carpets and rugs.
- Get a quiet robot vacuum if you work from home, or you have a small baby, or if you have a fussy pet.
3. What is your budget?
When purchasing the best robot vacuum for pet hair, you pocket dictates which features you get. If you want a self-emptying, quiet robot vacuum with amazing features like the HEPA filter, a long battery life, and an advanced house mapping technology, be prepared to spend big amounts of money. However, if you only want a basic robot vacuum cleaner to clean pet hair, you can get one with fairly affordable prices.
The Best Time to Buy Your Best Robot Vacuum for Pet Hair
After you have your vacuum options and the right budget, it must leave you wondering what the best time to make the purchase is. Here are two best scenarios you are sure to get value for your money.
- When there is a sale. Since many households have pets these days, the best robot vacuums for pet hair have become some of the most coveted household equipment. Thus, you can wait to buy your best robot vacuum when there is an offer. Black Friday sales and holiday sales could be your best bets.
- During shedding season. Buying a robot vacuum when your pet is shedding most hairs is a clever decision as you would then get to see how efficient the robot actually is when you need it most. As most brands offer warranties and money-back guarantees, you can always contact them if the vacuum does not work as advertised.