4 Tips For A Hassle-Free Kitchen Renovation
Kitchen remodelling is one of the most sought DIY home projects. As much as possible, you want to make kitchen renovation fast and easy so you can use it right away to cook delicious and nutritious meals for the family. So, how can you have a hassle-free kitchen renovation?
To help you out, here are some helpful kitchen renovation tips:
Set A Budget And A Plan
Are you thinking of a DIY kitchen renovation? While you can go this route, one of the recommended solutions for a hassle-free kitchen remodelling project is to hire a kitchen renovation company. However, of course, you can always take a major part in the planning stage. This way, you get to have a kitchen you like without the hassle.
When planning your next kitchen renovation project, you have to consider the following:
- Layout: Make sure that your kitchen has a good layout since it’ll affect the functionality and general aesthetic design. For a stress-free cooking experience, make sure that there’s ease of movement in your kitchen.
- Appliance placement: You might want a new and bigger refrigerator but your kitchen space is too small. If this is the case, consider carefully if you want to remove the structural wall in exchange for a bigger fridge in your kitchen.
- Professional estimates: A hassle-free kitchen renovation also means not worrying too much about running out of budget because you’ve overestimated or underestimated the cost of materials or labor. So, make sure to ask a professional regarding the estimates. Doing so will help you prevent wasting money and time.
2. Think About Important Plumbing Considerations
Changing plumbing positions in your kitchen means added time, effort, and money to knock down the old plumbing setup and then setting up a new one in a new location. To avoid the hassle, even if you have a new kitchen design, try to keep your sink and the dishwasher in the same areas. Installing the dishwasher close to the kitchen sink is more convenient because the drainage and water hoses are easier to install without needing to span through the cupboards.
Aside from keeping your original plumbing areas, here are the other plumbing considerations when renovating your kitchen:
- Kitchen sink: Before you finalize your kitchen cabinets, make sure to choose your sink so that the piping is at the correct height and it’s in sufficient space–between the shelves and the bottom of the sink–to fit the drainpipes.
- Flooring: The kitchen flooring should go all the way under the dishwasher. It’s imperative to consider the height of the kitchen cabinet so it’s easier to remove as needed. When buying a new dishwasher, take measurements from the top of the floor to the bottom of the kitchen cabinet to ensure proper fit.
3. Choose High-Quality Kitchen Fixtures
While high-quality kitchen fixtures may come with a price, you can save more money in the end from costly repairs. If you’re on a budget, you can check less expensive alternatives.
As a tip, make sure to read the reviews to ensure you get durable and long-lasting kitchen fixtures, appliances, and cabinets.
4. Empty the Entire Kitchen Space
Emptying your kitchen space is important before you start renovating your kitchen. Kitchen demolition can be time-consuming. However, it’ll make your tasks a lot easier because there are no obstacles and safety hazards around. Once you see a fresh coat of paint on your kitchen walls, updated cabinetry, and the new floor layout, you'll realize and appreciate your efforts.
Here’s how to empty an entire kitchen space for a hassle-free kitchen renovation:
- Keep safe: The first thing you need to do is to turn off the water and electrical supply for safety. Next, remove small appliances, dinnerware, and cookware. Store your pantry items in a safe area.
- Remove bulky items: Ask a family or friend to help you remove bulky appliances in your kitchen so you can quickly and easily disassemble your cabinetry. Since kitchen cabinets usually take up a large space in the kitchen, you’ll likely spend more time disassembling them.
- Clear the walls: Clear out the walls by removing any panelling, moulding, or the backsplash. You can easily remove debris by removing furniture and fixtures.
- Tackle the flooring: The last thing you need to tackle is the flooring. Tear out the old linoleum, vinyl, or tile you’ve been planning to replace.
If you want to save yourself a lot of stress and money, keep your plumbing fixtures in the same locations. Remember that a hassle-free kitchen remodelling project doesn’t involve complicated kitchen designs, unexpected expenses, and time-consuming changes. Keep the above tips in mind and enjoy your kitchen renovation experience.