For home owners who are tired of cleaning and maintaining air filters, finding the best filterless air purifier becomes the topmost thing on their priority list. And why not? There is so much to gain from no filter air purifiers. Filterless air purifiers are less costly in the long run, they produce less operational noise and come with better energy efficiency.
The work of air purifiers is simply to give your home cleaner air. A filterless air purifier takes in all the bad smells in your home like smoke, fumes, allergens, harmful particles, bad odor, etc and gives you back clean air. Simple as that. They take in polluted air and give back out clean air.
In the past, arguments have been brought up against filterless air purifiers but after using them in the last few weeks, we are sold on this new technology because we learnt that we don't have to be clean air filters anymore. Neither do we have to replace them. Using air purifiers that come with replaceable or washable filters can consume a lot of time and sometimes money.
If you have been searching on the market for the best filterless air purifier, you have come to the right place. Below are some of the best no filter air purifiers you can get in the market today:
- ✔️ HOW IT WORKS: Our exclusive Patented Thermodynamic TSS...
- ✔️ SAFE: Our system doesn't emit, vent or spray ozone, ions,...
- ✔️ SILENT OPERATION: Our unique air purifiers not only create...
- ✔️ SMART DESIGN: Our electronic purifying machine is...
- ✔️ SAVES GREEN: You will save money since you don't need to...
The Airfree P1000 filterless air purifier is the best that we tested. It is recommended for rooms that are 450 square feet (approximately 42 square metres) and comes with patented thermodynamic TSS technology at 3.1 pounds in weight. This technology helps the purifier to function like boiling water by using heat to destroy micro-organisms like bacteria, mold, allergens, tobacco, dust mites, viruses, pollens, and pet dander among other air pollutants.
Due to this patented technology, this air purifier works perfectly without the need for any filter. It therefore gets rid of the need to replace filters or wash them. In addition, we noticed that the purifier is totally silent and you can barely hear anything from it when it is operating.
Within a few hours of setting it up in our room that had varying amounts of mold and smoke, we noticed a surreal difference. The air began to change slowly and then felt too fresh after a few hours.
Here is a summary of how this filterless air purifier works: Air that is polluted enters the Airfree unit by natural convection, at a temperature of close to 400 °F microorganisms are totally eliminated from the air and then the cleaned is cooled and released back into the room. After release, the purifier silently distributes that air into the room.
One of the more interesting things we noticed in the manual is that this item had been test by independent scientists in Sweden and it was found that the purifier actually reduces ozone by 25%. For us this is a no-brainer. If you don't have an idea what that means, ozone is a toxic gas. In fact according to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) ozone can trigger asthma and even destroy tissue in the lungs. Luckily, this Airfree purifier does not emit any dangerous emissions, ions, UV light or ozone and is therefore safe for use.
Other important things we loved about this no filter air purifier is the lack of fans which enhances its silent operation. Couple with the lack of fans and filters, this device is very low energy set at 43 W. In fact in our tests, we didn't experience any notable differences in the amount of energy we consumed with it and without it.
We liked the adjustable night light that looks quite fancy and ideal for bedrooms and nurseries. One downside we noticed was the price which is a bit high as compared to air purifiers with filters. However, we cannot complain because for us this is value for money. In addition to that, the unit can get very hot after running for a few hours. This doesn't affect the room or make the air hot in any way but you might want to keep it away from a child's reach.
- ☑️ HOW IT WORKS: Our unique Patented Thermodynamic TSS...
- ☑️ SAFE: The P3000 air purifying device does not spray or...
- ☑️ SILENT OPERATION: Our fresh clear air purifiers not only...
- ☑️ SMART DESIGN: The P3000 electronic machine is portable,...
- ☑️ SAVE MONEY: You will be breathing easier while saving...
The Airfree Onix 3000 filterless air purifier is a reliable air purifier that covers a wider area of 645 square feet (60 square metres) and utilises the patented thermodynamic TSS technology to purify air. It weighs 3.1 pounds and has been designed to look exactly like the first purifier in our guide.
Due to the wider area it covers, it consumes more eneergy than the first two alternatives in this review. The energy consumption is around 51W. For the size of the room, this is still very low energy. Therefore we found it still within our means and for people with bigger houses. Since it comes from the same manufacturer, Airfree, this device works just like the first 2 items in the review to purify air and rid it of microorganisms through heating.
- Significantly reduces odors and invisible irritants: pureAir 50...
- Uses advanced technology: We use advanced technologies such as...
- Simple operation: our small air purifier makes an elegant...
- Perfect for travel: Our air filter is the perfect travel...
- We're here for you: Your satisfaction is our number one priority....
The pureAir 50 is a lovely little plug for those small rooms in your house. With a coverage of 325 square feet (approximately 30 square metres) and weighing only 0.4 pounds, it is very lightweight and absolutely portable for travels. It has been marketed as a very viable filterless air purifier for small rooms in the house like a small kitchen, closet, bathroom, laundry and hotel rooms.
This filterless air purifier is plugged right into the power socket and left to be. It will clean the air of smoke and other pollutants. It is completely filterless, however, it needs cleaning at least once every month depending with the environment it is used in. The manual indicates how to open and clean it up. You need to take an alcohol swab and use it to clean the intake tube. Once you clean it, it begins running like new again.
4. Airfree T800 Filterless Air Purifier
- ✅ HOW IT WORKS: Thermodynamic TSS Technology, strong destroying...
- ✅ SAFE: Air purification unit doesn't emit ions, ultraviolet...
- ✅ COMPLETELY SILENT: Plug machine into wall and enjoy better...
- ✅ FILTER FREE TECHNOLOGIES: Designed with advanced tech that...
- ✅ COMPACT DESIGN: Portable, compact and easy to use. Fits in...
The Airfree T800 was quite good but it could not beat the P1000 to first position. This filterless air purifier has a coverage of 180 sq. ft. or 17 square metres with similar patented thermodynamic TSS technology and weighing 2.2 pounds. Just like the P1000 it works the same way and in similar mechanism to purify the air since it comes from the same manufacturer. It uses heat to destroy microorganisms and achieves almost 100% purification.
It is a filterless air purifier that also purports to reduce the ozone layer after being independently tested by ISO labs around the world. This purifier destroys dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pollens, pet dander, organic odors, and more.
It is also a low energy consumer at 42W.
One downside we noticed was that the Airfree T800 has to be placed on the floor on the path of air to draw in enough air for purification. This limits the number of places you can put it. It is also slightly pricey but cheaper than our winning device, however, with this too we saw value for money to be quite good. Lastly, it gets hot to the touch after a few hours.
- NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: Our latest G3 model with an even quieter...
- REDUCES ALLERGENS : Airborne dust, dander and pollen would not...
- ODOR CONTROL : Say goodbye to unwanted odors and stale air;...
- CLEAN AIR AND SURFACES : The 3000G3 technology significantly...
- BEATING MOLD RELATED ISSUES : Physicians treating mold related...
The Air Oasis filterless air purifier is suitable for large rooms up-to the size of 3000 square fit (approximately 278 square metres) This purifier works by using a fan and an enhanced catalyst to beat ions and defeat allergy causing pollen, dust, pet dander and smoke. The purifier is suitable for open spaces like large offices or studios.
The device uses proprietary Bi Polar technology, AHPCO ionization and UV to clear the air of all particles, mold and odor. Aside from the indicated coverage area, if you have a smaller room that has higher than normal contamination, this would be the best no filter purifier to use.
It weighs only 5 pounds. One of the downsides to this purifier is that after around 3 years you need to replace the lamp. Additionally, you should not use this in a very enclosed room because of the ozone smell that takes over in spaces that are not so open.
This Air Oasis is a commercial no filter purifier that covers areas of up-to 5,000 square feet (approximately 465 square metres) of open space. It is suitable for cold and stuffy basements, hotels, large pet kennels, construction sites and storage facilities. It is efficient in such spaces of ridding the air of smoke smells, airborne dust, pet dander, pollen, bacteria, viruses, mold, odors and smells from volatile organic compounds like paint.
This is not suitable for residential homes. It is a very reliable commercial filterless air purifier that weighs 5.3 pounds. For pet owners who run day care centers for dogs or cats,this would also be a suitable air purifier.
Why should you get a filterless air purifier?
1. Most conventional air purifiers use fans and require constant air flow. However, the filterless air purifiers do not use fans and they are not dependent on constant air flow to work. Get this if you don't like the buzz of fans around your room.
2. They can be easily maintained because most of them require zero maintenance - once you buy them that is it.
3. For most filter-free air purifiers, you won't have any recurring expenses because you don't need to buy replacement filters.
4. These purifiers work silently. Most filter-based air purifiers generate lots of noise and are not good if you want a silent air purifier.
Why should you not get a filterless air purifier?
Some of the disadvantages associated with these purifiers include:
1. They may lack the effectiveness or mechanisms to deal with particles especially because of the lack of filters.
2. They are not as good with odors as air purifiers with carbon filters
3. There are not so many filterless air purifiers which limits the pool of choice for consumers
How do filterless air purifiers work?
They use technologies other than filters to clean the air. These technologies may include the following:
- Heat sterilization - microorganisms and contaminants are heated in high temperatures and destroyed. The air is then cooled and released into the room.
- UV-C light - using UV rays, the DNA and molecular structure of germs is damaged hence leaving the air.
- Ionization - ions are produced or generated to trap contaminants therefore removing them from the air.
- Photocatalytic oxidation - Using titanium dioxide and UV-C, gaseous pollutants are turned into harmless compounds.
- Electrostatic precipitation -induces electrostatic charge into the air to trap pollutants like smoke and odor.
- Ozone generation - potentially hazardous mechanism that is used to neutralize strong smells.
What should you look for when buying a filterless purifier
Below are some of the features and issues to look out for when buying a no filter air purifier:
a). Area of coverage
The first thing to check out for is the range of coverage of the silent filterless air purifier you would like to buy. You should measure the suitability of the coverage are depending on the room you would like to use the purifier in. For instance, if your room is 400 square feet, you would need to get a filterless purifier with a coverage range of at least 420 square feet.
b). Energy Consumption
Most no filter air purifiers have now been made to be very energy efficient making them low consumers of energy. However, to be on the safe side, it is good to ensure you have checked that the consumption of energy is manageable. The best way to determine if a filterless air purifier is energy efficient is to look the Energy Star rating.
c). Noise levels
The best air purifiers are silent air purifiers. This works well because if you are putting the purifier in your bedroom or a child's nursery you don't want noise disturbances to wake you or your child up. Ensure that there is a statement on the noise levels on the product page before purchasing. Most filterless air purifiers barely make any sound and you should be safe with the choices in this guide.
d). Percentage of eliminated airborne particles
To be sure that your chosen model is the best purifier, look around the product for a statement on how much airborne particles are eliminated. The best measure would be at least 99 percent of airborne particles removed from the air.
For your own security, ensure to purchase a unit that has guaranteed warranty. This keeps you safe from rogue manufacturers who don't want to be direct about this part. It is important that the manufacturer provides a guarantee for a decent amount of time so that in case of a defect or breaking down too soon after purchase, you can return it and get your money back or a replacement.
f). Other features
This is not a crucial issue. However, most manufacturers go the extra mile and provide extra features on their products. This might include features like timers, backlights, room lights, and LCD screens among others. Getting a model with these features definitely increases your value for money spent.