Regardless of whether they are utilized for cutting or any of the other crafting executions, all Silhouette machines have one thing in common: they are highly productive. These machines come with top-notch programming and a lot of features that make using them a breeze. Obviously, Silhouette machines are adored by crafters and DIYers because of this.
Silhouette has an assortment of cutting machines and other machines for multiple different crafting tasks. Because of this assortment, you may be asking yourself which one should I buy? That is why we have pulled together several of the best Silhouette machines and take an in-depth look at each. Hopefully, this helps you with your quandary.
1. Silhouette SILHOUETTE-CAMEO-3-4T
- Cuts a variety of material including vinyl, paper, cardstock,...
- Use the powerful Silhouette Studio design software to create your...
- Features a dual-carriage for multi-tool use and a higher 2 mm...
- Is the only Silhouette compatible with the self-adjusting...
- Includes Silhouette CAMEO cutting machine, Silhouette Studio...
Our first entry is a wireless cutting machine that will elevate the efficiency of any project. It offers the versatility of use and is designed with everything you need in a cutting machine.
Silhouette is a company that loves to create machines that will optimize your crafting abilities. They do this by crafting cutters that include the very features you need to execute your project with precision. With this model, they do this by including the following features:
- Capable of cutting multiple materials
- Comes with designed software
- Bluetooth compatible
- Ability to use multiple tools
- Has a self-adjusting auto blade
- Comes with software, power cable, USB cable, cutting mat, and cutting blade
There are a lot of things we could focus on when looking at this crafting machine, but only one really stands out to us. The inclusion of a dual carriage and the ability to use multiple tools is crucial to even the most intricate designs. With the versatility of this unit and the capability to have access to designs that far surpass many of its competition, you will be able to see why we included this unit on our list.
This unit is really versatile when it comes to the material and capabilities of cutting, but that is where the versatility ends. This unit does not pierce, emboss, or engrave, which limits the projects you have available to you. Plus, the cutting force is limited as well.
Though there are a few issues that could cause some to think twice before adding this machine to their kit, in the end, the incredible precision and versatility of this machine make it easily one of the best available.
2. Silhouette Portrait 2
- Silhouette Portrait 3 with Bluetooth and autoblade
- Cuts a variety of materials including: cardstock, fabric, heat...
- Mac and PC compatible software included
- Automatic tool detection
- Note: Kindly refer user manual before use
Our next entry is a great option from Silhouette that is crafted to optimize the cutting on any project you undertake. The design team at Silhouette has paid attention to the smallest detail and brought you a high-performance piece of equipment.
This cutter is more feature-rich than the other options. Using order technology, it comes with the ability to be controlled via Bluetooth. This makes using the online features easier, but the quality of this piece comes with a host of features, which include:
- Bluetooth capable
- Designed to handle a wide range of materials
- Compatible with multiple operating systems
- Multiple digital designs
- Well written manual
This unit is one of the best for many reasons. At its core, though, the ease of use and portability makes this unit stand out in a crowd of options. The fact that you can cut with or without the internet gives it usability that makes this an excellent choice for crafting on the go.
There are, of course, some drawbacks that need to be discussed before you make that final decision. It doesn’t do well with super thick materials, which will limit its use on things like leather. Other than that, the technology stops with Bluetooth, as there is no touchscreen or other tech that is available on some models.
The cons that are attached to this machine are not ones that will affect projects universally. So by focusing on the advantages, you will be able to benefit from by choosing this option, You will soon see why we knew we had to include this unit on our list.
3. Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Tool
- The silhouette cameo include a 12 inch cutting mat, cutting...
- Includes access to thousands of downloadable designs; Includes PC...
- Cuts up to 12-inch wide and 10-feet long; cuts a variety of...
- Great for Scrapbook layouts, cards,custom apparel, vinyl decor,...
- Intricate cuts, precision duplication, and smooth edges make the...
Our last entry from Silhouette is a cutting tool that will have you creating amazing designs. This electronic tool is a crafter’s best friend and will be a welcome addition to your crafting kit.
Just like with all Silhouette machines, there is a level of dedication to creating a machine for crafting that offers just the right combination of features to elevate the performance and precision. With the Cameo this is done by including the features below in the design:
- Comes with multiple accessories that elevate the performance
- Multiple downloadable designs
- Capable of cutting a variety of materials with ease
This cutter has many of the same features as its counterparts from Silhouette, so how does it stand apart? The Cameo can actually draw and design which adds a level of usability that makes it shine. Plus, you can use your own designs easily, which offers a heightened level of personalization.
You will have to really spend time with the manual as there is a bit of a learning curve. That is probably the one issue that stands out the most to us. Other than that, it does have limited usability, and there have been some reports of the mat being a bit too sticky.
Though it may not have as much versatility as other models, it certainly is still a great option to consider when you are looking for a well-built, high-quality crafting tool.
Silhouette machines are some of the most beloved by crafters, and now that you have been introduced to some of the best Silhouette machines available, you know why. With the options above, we are sure that there is one of them that will work for your crafting projects.