A woodworking project, clearing messes in the yard after a storm and felling trees for a living requires a cutting tool that is powerful, durable and well-suited for the work. Looking for the best Husqvarna chainsaws is a terrific place to start if you want an inexpensive device with high-performance capabilities to get the job done. So, how can you find the ideal tool for your wood cutting needs?
Husqvarna is one of the most well-known brands when it comes to quality equipment manufacturers. The company offers numerous products to cater to any project or use case. Below are our picks for the best Husqvarna chainsaws and a buying guide to help you figure out which one fits your tasks.
5 Best Husqvarna Chainsaws
1. Husqvarna 440E 16-Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw
- Tool-less chain tensioning
- 16-Inch Bar
- Quick release air filter to facilitate cleaning and replacement...
- Forged 3-piece crankshaft for maximum durability for the toughest...
- CARB Compliant
The 440E model is the best Husqvarna chainsaw that perfectly balances professionalism and light-duty tasks. The equilibrium is evident when you look at the impressively low weight of 9.78 pounds. The heavy-duty chainsaw offers reliable performance in a light package when coupled with the powerful engine that delivers 40.9 ccs.
The smart start feature ensures the cord is easy to pull, and you can get to cutting quickly. Additionally, the X-Torq engine lowers fuel consumption and offers some savings, while the centrifugal air cleaning system removes debris and dust particles for enhanced durability. Finally, you can fill up the tank easily, thanks to the easy-to-open flip-up cap.
2. Husqvarna 20 Inch 450 Rancher II Gas Chainsaw
- X-TORQ - Delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust...
- AIR INJECTION - Centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger...
- SMART START - The engine and starter have been designed so the...
- EAST TO START - Combined start/stop switch, Smart Start and fuel...
- SNAP-LOCK CYLINDER COVER - Saves time when changing spark plugs...
Coming at 11.3 pounds, the Husqvarna 450 Rancher II Gas Chainsaw is an ideal tool for loggers, thanks to its 20-inch bar. The device has a center plate that has been extended to increase the support to the nose sprocket. Also, the sealed bearings inside reduce maintenance costs as there is no need to grease them.
This heavy-duty rancher gas chainsaw has all the features of a professional cutting tool. For starters, if you want a device that meets strict regulations for emissions, the X-Torq engine in the tool meets this requirement while also offering a low fuel consumption. Plus, the anti-vibration technology of the Low Vib feature makes the chainsaw comfortable to use.
3. Husqvarna 120 Mark II 14 Inch Gas Chainsaw
- Compact, casual-use chainsaw That’s designed to start up easily
- Low kickback safety features, including built-in safety Break,...
- Husqvarna 14 in. Chainsaw for homeowner use is ideal for everyday...
- Simple tensioning system allows for quick adjustments while...
- Ideal for light duty, light-duty, occasional trimming and pruning
For the best Husqvarna chainsaw for homeowners is the 120 Mark II 14-inch model. The impressive fuel efficiency of the two-cycle X-Torq engine, coupled with the centrifugal air cleaning system, creates a reliable and durable product. The gas-powered chainsaw complies with environmental regulations on emissions while making it easier to clean the filter.
The combined choke or stop control ensures you do not spend a lot of time getting the device started as engine flooding is significantly reduced. Speaking of reductions, the power tool for heavy-duty use has an anti-vibration technology for minimizing fatigue. Plus, the inertia-activated chain brake makes the air purge system easy to manage.
4. Husqvarna 14 Inch 120i Cordless Battery Powered Chainsaw
- 120i Cordless Battery Chainsaw is built for the homeowner who...
- 40-Volt battery powered chainsaw with guide bar and chain
- Intuitive control key pad with savE mode, allows user to switch...
- 40 Volt battery is compatible with other Husqvarna 40 Volt...
- Intertia activated chain brake for safety while operating
Although most Husqvarna chainsaws are gas-powered, this battery-powered model still delivers in power and performance. For starters, the brushless motor increases the torque to weight ratio of the device to make it more efficient and reliable. Also, it produces very little noise compared with gas chainsaws, and fewer vibrations mean a longer life span.
Depending on your operating conditions, you have two modes to choose from. The normal one ensures the device functions optimally, while the save mode allows you to conserve battery life. Plus, the lightweight and ergonomically designed Husqvarna chainsaw helps make continuous and regular use comfortable and easy.
5. Husqvarna K970 Concrete Chainsaw with Bar
- Make up to 15-inch deep cuts from one side
- 6.4 HP engine with X-Torq produces more power, higher torque and...
- Efficient vibration and sound dampening
- 1.1 quart fuel capacity
- 14-inch bar included - chain sold separately
Other Husqvarna chainsaws may not match up to the K970 Concrete Chainsaw when it comes to professional cutting power. As its name suggests, this device has a 6.4 HP X-Torq engine that has the strength to go through hard materials like concrete. Plus, with the increase in power, the manufacturer has included anti-vibration technology to make it more comfortable to handle.
This heavy-duty chainsaw is hefty at 28.3 pounds. However, this extra weight is not prohibitive when it comes to regular use. The handlebar ensures the device is sturdy with ergonomic designs for easy wielding.
Factors to Keep an Eye on When Buying the Best Husqvarna Chainsaw
a). Intended Use
Each Husqvarna chainsaw is built to serve a specific purpose. You can take advantage of particular features if you figure out which category of user you belong to.
- Arborists, people who care for and manage trees, require specialized chainsaws for their work. If you are in this category, you need to be more pedantic with your selection, as merely going for impressive features will not suffice.
- You can go for a consumer-grade Husqvarna chainsaw if you are a homeowner or just the typical user. These types of devices are often small and simple to use for easy tasks around the residence.
- Loggers require a heavy-duty Husqvarna chainsaw that delivers high performance. These devices are designed for regular professional use and feature the additives like a heated handle and AutoTune.
- Landowners, especially ranchers, should find a balance between longevity and performance. Clearing fields and cutting firewood are occasional tasks suited for a semi-professional Husqvarna chainsaw.
b). Type of Husqvarna Chainsaw
If you want impressive performance, a gas-powered chainsaw is designed for power. Since Husqvarna has been developing this technology for years, it has seen innovation in the features they offer.
For starters, Low-Vib technology is vital towards improving the experience of the user. The patented feature uses anti-vibration dampeners that negate violent rumblings produced by the powerful gas-powered chainsaw.
Secondly, the Husqvarna chainsaws use centrifugal air cleaning through Air Injection. This aspect extends the engine life by minimizing the wearing out of parts.
Finally, the AutoTune technology is vital towards peak chainsaw performance in different altitudes and temperatures. The automatic adjustments of the carburetor tweak the engine to run smoothly with the prevailing environmental conditions. Thus, you will not be concerned about losing power or stalling while you work.
Battery-Powered Husqvarna Chainsaws
If you want efficiency and quick service, you should consider a battery-powered option in a Husqvarna chainsaw. Get to cutting quickly with a fast start-up from the push of a button. Additionally, the lithium-ion batteries in these devices ensure they do not generate direct emissions.
A battery-powered Husqvarna chainsaw is lighter than the other models because it lacks a gas-powered engine and fuel tank. Also, it does not produce the noise and vibrations associated with using fuel as a power source. Long battery life and the low-maintenance status of these devices make them a preferred choice for many users who are not looking for a particularly powerful chainsaw.
c). Size of the Husqvarna Chainsaw
As a rule of thumb, larger chainsaws mean more power. The logic is simple, the bigger the device is, the more capable it is to handle larger cutting tasks. However, it is best to look out for engine power and piston displacement, measured in cc and horsepower.
Some projects involve working with hardwood or felling trees. In these cases, a large chainsaw will offer the best performance. The power offered by the bigger models ensures you do have to strain or potentially damage the product while cutting into harder things.
On the other hand, going big means that you will have to forgo the comfort of holding the device for long periods. Larger chainsaws are more cumbersome to carry, and you will get tired if you are not used to hauling the weight around. Thus, you can lose valuable time and even risk your safety if the machine proves too much to handle.
d). Ideal Guide Bar Length
Expert loggers and landowners may have the experience necessary to cut a large tree with a smaller guide bar length. If you are not at this level, it would be best to stick to longer ones. Despite the cutting speed and power coming from the engine, the guide bar is involved in the actual work.
A shorter bar means you need to make several cuts into big trees to bring them down. But, you still have the advantage of maneuverability and ease of use. A longer bar length is best for a professional chainsaw.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Husqvarna Chainsaws
1. Which is the best Husqvarna chainsaw?
Depending on the work you want to do, you can get a Husqvarna chainsaw with outstanding features to suit your needs. If you want cordless chainsaws for maximum maneuverability while still producing zero emissions, their battery-powered selections will get the job done. You can buy a rancher gas chainsaw for impressive power and durability for those who want professional cutting.
2. Are Stihl chainsaws better than Husqvarna?
A Husqvarna chainsaw has numerous advantages over Stihl. For starters, the devices are faster and easily found online. The brand boasts of larger fuel tanks for more use time. Their X-Torq engines produce lower emissions while remaining fuel-efficient. Plus, Husqvarna is the company for most professionals.
On the other hand, Stihl chainsaws are cheaper and easier to maintain. The smaller fuel tanks make them lighter and easier to handle. Consequently, homeowners prefer the brand.