If you're like me, you may sometimes struggle to get a good night's sleep. Sometimes, the bed is uncomfortable, or you have trouble finding the right position. That's why I decided to look for the best recliner sleeper chair. Sleeping on a recliner offers several benefits, including more support, comfort, and flexibility than a regular bed, and it can also help with some health issues like snoring, sleep apnea, acid reflux, or back pain.
But how do you find the perfect recliner for your needs and budget? Luckily, I've researched for you and tested dozens of recliners to find the top 10 products today. For example, I recommend the FDW Recliner Chair for its cozy cushioning and good reviews; the COMHOMA Recliner Chair for its comfortable design and massage function; and the Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Faux Leather Electric Power Lift Recliner for its elegant style and convenient power lift mechanism.
Read on for your best pick below!
1. FDW Recliner Chair
- RECLINE TO UNWIND - The Wingback Recliner chair is designed for...
- FUNCTIONALITY IN DESIGN - The Recliner chair is upholstered with...
- COMFORT ANYWHERE - With its sophisticated design and...
- EASY ASSEMBLY - Install your Recliner sofa in under two minutes....
- CUSTOMER GUARANTEE – We want all of our customers to feel 100%...
What I Liked: Comfortable | Easy to assemble | Spacious and Sturdy | Affordable
What I Didn't Like: Squeaking noises when reclining
Good For: Small spaces
Not So Good For: Tall people
I got this chair since it comes with rave reviews of how comfortable it is. And I wasn't disappointed! It was a breeze to assemble in about 15 minutes. The chair is very comfortable, and I loved sleeping on it after a long day. The leather is soft and smooth, while the padding is thick and supportive. The chair is also spacious, sturdy, and can hold up to 300 lbs.
The reclining mechanism works well, and I could adjust the recline angle of the backrest and the footrest according to my preference. The chair also rocks gently - ideal for falling asleep faster.
However, the chair is not very suitable for tall people, as the footrest may not extend enough to support their legs. In addition, it makes some squeaking noises when reclining or rocking, which can be annoying.
2. COMHOMA Recliner Chair
- Relax in this wonderful chair with reclining, rocking, massage,...
- The stunning armchair with drink holders has been developed to...
- Comfortably padded, gives comfort and support where it's needed...
- High quality push back recliner mechanism, place your hands on...
- Fancy watching a movie, well this is the ideal chair, just think....
What I Liked: Comfortable | Versatile | Free rocking | High back | Superb reclining backrest
What I Didn't Like: Vague installation instructions
Good For: Massage therapy
Not So Good For: Tall people
I love the versatility of this recliner chair. It is modern and stylish, and the recliner functions for good sleep. Love falling asleep while reading a book? You have all the storage pockets to keep your books.
Image credits: comhoma.com
The winning feature was the heated massage function for total relaxation. I also liked the swivel and rocking functions that gave me more flexibility.
Unfortunately, this perfect sleep chair was hard to install. The instructions were vague and it shipped in two boxes that didn't arrive on the same day.
3. Signature Design by Ashley Yandel Faux Leather Electric Power Lift Recliner
- CONTEMPORARY POWER LIFT RECLINER: Style and functionality merge...
- SMOOTH BROWN UPHOLSTERY: Saddle brown upholstery looks like...
- SLOW POWER MOVEMENT: Estimated time to complete a full cycle with...
- GENEROUS SIZING: Oversized recliner measures 35"W x 40"D x 42.5"H...
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Instructions, hardware and tools included, Fits...
What I Liked: Helpful power lift recliner | Easy to use | Durable upholstery
What I Didn't Like: Not wide enough for comfortable sleep
Good For: Sleeping comfortably | Elderly people
Not So Good For: Tall people
I recommend this best power lift recliner for an elderly person uncomfortable sleeping on a bed. The power lift mechanism is superb and will increase an older person's independence and reduce accidents.
Image Credits: ashleyfurniture.com
The recliner sleep chair also has a smooth reclining mechanism that can adjust the backrest and footrest independently. It comes with soft and cozy faux leather that looks like genuine leather. The chair is also spacious and comfortable, and it has a high back, thick cushions, and a metal-reinforced seat.
The only dealbreakers I found were how the chair takes a bit of time to lift, especially compared to the best recliners in the market. In addition, it is quite short for anyone over 5"7, so you may need to invest in an ottoman for extra support.
4. Irene House 9188 Lay Flat Sleeping Dual OKIN Motor Lift Chair Recliner
- 【DUAL OKIN MOTOR】This lift chair is specially powered by dual...
- 【INFINITE POSITION】The best position for extended sitting is...
- 【HUMANISTIC DESIGN】The matching lumbar pillow covers the gap...
- 【COMFORTABLE UPHOLSTERY & STURDY CONSTRUCTION】Enjoy the...
- 【CUSTOMER SERVICE & WARRANTY】Simply contact us via Email for...
What I Liked: Power Lift mechanism | Built-in heat and massage functions | Nice color
What I Didn't Like: Not easy to assemble | Costly
Good For: The Elderly | Whole night's sleep
Not So Good For: Budget| Small space
If you struggle with arthritis, you need the best power lift recliner for good sleep. In this case, you want to try this model from Irene House. Its power lift mechanism makes using the chair a breeze, while the dual OKIN motor makes adjusting the backrest and footrest individually easy.
Image Credits: pinterest.com
I loved the heated massage; you can adjust the vibration intensity and target different areas. The chair has faux leather that is smooth, durable, waterproof, and easy to clean. It is also spacious and comfortable, with padded arms and a matching lumbar pillow. That said, I didn't enjoy the assembly, and the chair was quite expensive.
5. MCombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
- Power Lift Assistance: Counter-balanced lift mechanism with TUV...
- Clean Easily & Durable Upholstery: The chair features...
- USB Charging Ports & Cup Holders: The chair has dual USB outlets...
- TUV Certified Actuator & Lower Noise: The lift motor of the chair...
- -IMPORTANT INFORMATION- 1. Delivery: The chair comes with 2 boxes...
What I Liked: Versatile and comfortable | Power lift mechanism | Easy operation | Extra recliner features
What I Didn't Like: Lengthy installation process
Good For: Mobility issues | Budget
Here's another best recliner for handicapped people. I loved it for several reasons; the chair offers three positions, allowing for sitting, reclining, and lifting, which provides added comfort and versatility. The power lift mechanism works smoothly and quietly, making adjusting the chair to different positions effortless.
Image Credits: mcombo.com
I also loved the extra features, like pockets, cup holders, and USB ports - these are practical when you want to sleep with all necessities near, including phones, books, and a drink. Also, the leather made the chair look modern and easy to clean. The recliner sleep chair has an easy-to-use remote control that allows you to adjust to three positions, with the reclined position ideal for sleeping!
However, while I found it affordable, I didn't fancy the assembly process. For instance, the chair shipped in two boxes that did not arrive on the same day. Then, assembling the different parts can take a long time.
6. ANJ Electric Recliner Chair
- ✔ Electric Reclining System: Simple two buttons press activate...
- ✔ Comfortable and Durable: Design with overstuffed pillows on...
- ✔ USB Charging Port and Easy Clean: It comes one USB charging...
- ✔ Heavy Duty and Ideal Size: Overall size 39"W x 28"D x 39"H,...
- ✔Warranty: ANJ provides free exchange for installation...
What I Liked: Stylish design | Bonded leather upholstery | Electric recliner | USB port
What I Didn't Like: Not the best build quality
Good For: Budget
Are you looking for the best electric recliners? If so, try this model from ANJ that I tested for sleeping. This classic and stylish recliner has nut-brown bonded leather upholstery that blends with different home decor styles - the color added a touch of elegance to my room.
Image Credits: anj-home.com
Adjusting the position only needed the two buttons on the side of the chair. I could recline to any angle, from upright to fully flat. The chair also had a USB port on the right side to charge my phone or tablet while I slept. The only drawback I found was the chair was not too sturdy.
7. ANJHOME Single Recliner Chair
- ➤Attractive Look - Leisure single sofas with outstanding and...
- ➤Convenient to Use - The footrest will pop out automatically...
- ➤Pleasant Seating Experience - High-resiliency foam cushions...
- ➤Simple Installation & Ideal Size - All you have to do is take...
- ➤Occasions - Perfect for living rooms, bedrooms, theater rooms...
What I Liked: Cozy | Affordable | Apricot color
What I Didn't Like: Manual reclining mechanism
Good For: Budget | Sleeping
Not So Good For: People with mobility challenges
This is a cozy and stylish overstuffed manual recliner I loved sleeping on. The breathable fabric was very soft and comfortable and had an apricot color to match my decor. I also loved how spacious the seat was and how easily it reclined when I pulled the latch. It is one of the best manual recliners, with thick padding and a curved backrest for ultimate relaxation.
Image Credits: anj-home.com
However, I did not fancy the manual reclining mechanism and wouldn't recommend it for people with arthritis and other conditions. In addition, the fabric upholstery is not easy to clean.
8. COOSLEEP Lay Flat Sleeping Dual OKIN Motor Lift Chair
- 【DUAL OKIN ALL COPPER MOTOR】Once formed housing, all copper...
- 【Breathable microporous leather】:Compared with the linen...
- 【Heating and Massage】The lift chair has 8 vibration nodes in...
- 【Unlimited positions】The backrest can be operated from 100°...
- [Easy to assemble]: After obtaining a recliner, you will receive...
What I Liked: Efficient operation with dual OKIN motor | Heating functions | High-quality metal frame
What I Didn't Like: A bit costly
Good For: People with mobility problems
Not So Good For: Tall people
I love the right recliner chair with extra features; this model didn't disappoint. Firstly, it has a superb lift mechanism that makes it easy for people with mobility challenges to get on and off. In addition, heat massage functions are essential to relax fully before sleep. Then, use the side button to recline and instantly fall asleep.
Image Credits: pinterest.com
My biggest challenge was assembly, and I found the chair a bit expensive. Finally, it can be pretty short for 6"0 people.
9. Svago ZGR Plus Zero Gravity Chair
- Zero Gravity Recliner with the Look and Feel of Fine Furniture
- Convenient Remote Control allows you to Effortlessly Adjust the...
- Massage and Heat - Multi-pulse vibration nodes that gently...
- Adjustable Headrest Angle - Easy manual adjustments to create...
- Extended Armrests - Provides arm support at all recline angles,...
What I Liked: Zero gravity recline | Vibration massage | Adjustable headrest | Memory foam pillow
What I Didn't Like: Quite narrow
Good For: Optimal comfort and relaxation | Head and neck support |
Not So Good For: Tight Budget
This Svago zero-gravity recliner sleeper chair is your best option after a classy design. With zero gravity, the chair will make you feel weightless so you can sleep more comfortably. I loved the extra features, including heat therapy, that eased my back pain and stiffness. The vibration massage was stimulating and refreshing, and it helped me improve my blood circulation and mood.
Image Credits: svago.com
The seat also has a memory foam pillow that adjusts the head and neck shape. The remote control was very convenient and easy to use, and it allowed me to operate the footrest, the backrest, the heat, and the massage with just a touch of a button. The only serious drawbacks are the price and how narrow the chair looks.
10. MAEVIS Large Lay Flat Sleeping Lift Recliner
- 【Bigger & More Comfortable】We designed this recliner than the...
- 【Double OKIN All-Copper Motor】The OKIN motor used is quiet...
- 【Heating and Massage】The lift chair has eight massage points;...
- 【Position Adjustment】The backrest can be adjusted from...
- 【Easy to Assemble】 After purchase, you will receive the...
What I Liked: Spacious | Heat and massage functions | Dual OKIN motors
What I Didn't Like: Hectic assembly
Good For: Elderly people
Not So Good For: Tight budget
This recliner chair is ideal for side sleepers who need more space to stretch out. Thankfully, it is an extra wide recliner with overstuffed padding to guarantee the most comfort when you sleep. I loved the heat massage function, as I did the lift mechanism to get off easily.
Image Credits: wayfair.com
The black fabric color goes well with all decor, and the dual OKIN motor makes adjusting the chair to different positions a breeze. While it comes with even more good features like the USB ports, the chair is expensive, and I also found the assembly hectic.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Sleeper Recliners
When buying a sleeper recliner, consider the following features:
- Size: Measure your space and body to find your ideal sleeper recliner. Also, consider the bodyweight capacity and the length of the footrest.
- Comfort: Look for a sleeper recliner that has soft and supportive cushioning, a breathable and durable upholstery material, and an adjustable headrest and lumbar support. You can also test the recline angle of the backrest.
- Function: Look for extra features that can enhance your relaxation and convenience, such as a power lift, a heated massage, a USB port, or a storage pocket.
So there you go, my ten best recommendations for your recliner sleeper chair. I have also included a few factors that should influence your decision. With this information, you'll narrow my list of recliner chairs above to one that suits your preferences and needs.