If you have dedicated some space in your home for projects such as woodworking or have a hobby center, keep it warm. The festive season is just around the corner, and you need the right resources for the same. We have prepared this indoor propane heater review to help you make an informed decision.
Why are propane heaters unique? Well, aside from being affordable, these heaters don't require any special experience to use. However, as you would expect with all heating appliances, you have to consider a few key factors for safety and the relevant use features.
Below is an in-depth guide to help you make the right selection:
Best Indoor Propane Heater From A Glance
How to Buy the Best Propane Heater
Are Propane Heaters Suitable for Indoor Spaces?
Propane heaters have various functions. They are excellent for heating indoor spaces because they are affordable and simple to use. With a propane heater, you can forget about the additional costs associated with energy bills in your property. The good thing is that most brands have done well to incorporate their machines with excellent safety features. They are also easy to set up and equipped with features that are suitable for small spaces.
Based on these factors, it would be good if you make informed decisions before investing in a specific heater brand. For instance, brands such as the Dyna-Glo BFSS30LPT, have features that are focused mainly on safety. However, brands such as the Camco 57341 , are fully functional tools. Use this guide as a map for selecting the right heater for your indoor space.
Using an Indoor Propane Heater Safely
Used the right way, indoor propane heaters can be a great way to keep warm and save extra cash on energy bills. Here are some tips to help use them the right way:
- Go for a propane heater that is compatible with the size of your space and the amount of heat you want produced in your garage space
- An indoor propane heater should come with the right safety features. These include a low oxygen sensor, safety guard, overheat protection, and more.
- Check the instructions of your manufacturer before investing in a propane indoor space heater for the best use results.
- Ensure you install the space heater away from surfaces that are easily combustible such as furniture, doors, bedding, towels, and more. If you have a wall-mounted heater, ensure the material is not combustible for optimal safety.
- Never put any items on the top section of your space heater.
- Get a carbon monoxide detector and use it in your home for safety applications. Plus, you can use it in spaces where you have an indoor propane space heater, and it's easy to customize.
- Avoid leaving an indoor propane heater without use. Switch it off when you have to get out of the room. Plus, ensure you turn off the heater before you leave for work or go to work.
- Remember to check the quality of the flame when using the propane heater. Go for a blue flame, and ensure it suitable for use in compact spaces.
- Use the hose attachment on your vacuum to clean up the dust on the heater's outer sections, grills, and more. Some heater brands are known to be prone to exposure to dust and more.
- Never use items such as sprays, deodorants, cleaners, and more, when you are close to the garage heater. Why? Because it can lead to unnecessary fires.
- Ensure your space is well vented and inspect each component manually to avoid causing damage to your machines.
- Also, remember to keep the exits clear when using an indoor space heater. Any issues, such as leakages and more, can lead to unnecessary fires.
How Does a Propane Heater Work?
Several features are incorporated into a space heater to help direct the frame and provide an efficient heating pattern. Below are the key features of an efficient indoor propane heater:
The main aspect of propane is that it burns clean and is highly efficient. Usually, it's in the form of a gas that is converted into liquid form for various purposes. The common types of propane include butane and propylene. These include three carbon atoms and eight hydrogen atoms to make them suitable for heating purposes.
Several propane heater types feature a mechanism referred to as the piezoelectric igniter. It's a material that has properties to supply electricity when it senses pressure on the spring-loaded mechanism. The action helps to strike a spark, which, in turn, helps to ignite the propane gas.
Propane heaters often come with a specific type of element. Usually, the material is porcelain and can spread the flame out in a specific pattern. Plus, it's also a mechanism that helps in the distribution of heat produced by the fuel.
It's a term that refers to a small flame that uses a small amount of fuel and can burn in relation to your specific heating needs. This component's role is to light the burner fast rather than having to light the fire from scratch – which can be inconveniencing.
Go for a propane heater that comes with convenient controls, especially as there are several temperature fluctuation issues. Using an automatic thermostat will help you achieve this goal, and the common thermostats have this function. Others come with manual flame controls so you can fluctuate between the high and low-temperature ranges conveniently.
Burning propane or other combustible materials in a small space can have various issues. For instance, carbon dioxide is a byproduct of procedures such as incomplete combustion. It's a harmful gas, buts it's not easy to detect for various reasons. For instance, it's odorless and can compromise the performance of your cardiovascular system.
In excessive amounts, the gas can lead to intoxication and various other health complications. Besides that, propane is also heavier than most gases, and leakages can lead to fires or explosions.
Features of The Best Indoor Propane Heater
Size and power
These are two key factors that go together when you want to buy a propane heater. The size of your chosen heater relates to its average heat capacity. Plus, the heater's heating range might range based on factors such as the heating functions, brand, and more.
There are various installation options when you have propane heaters. They include the free-standing, tabletop, and wall-mounted types. The tabletop types can average at 6 feet tall, while the free-standing types can reach 10 feet tall. A good way to choose between these two is to determine whether you would like to go for the refillable types.
It would also be great to get a space heater that comes with anti-tip functions for your convenience. On most propane heater brands, you will find it labeled as an "overtip" function. It's a function that switches off the unit once it falls or sits at an unusual angle. Other unique features to look out for in your heater include overfill protection tools and an oxygen depletion sensor.
Consider investing in heaters with an excellent value – the AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) function. It's a rating that you can use to save on fuel and more. Plus, some brands use it to measure efficiency on other mechanical tools such as cars. The rating is directly proportional to the energy efficiency of the appliance.
Style and other features
As you would expect- are indoor tools available in different shapes and styles. Consider getting one that is suitable for indoor space or décor.
Best Over $50
1. Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Safe Propane Heater
- Indoor-safe portable propane heater for rooms up to 95 square...
- Continuous odor-free, 45-degree heating angle. Maximum Elevation...
- Simple on/off buttons; uses 1-pound disposable propane cylinder...
- Low-oxygen sensor and accidental tip-over switch with auto...
- Recommended for emergency heat, tents, campers, workshops, job...
Keeping your indoor space warm is important, and this is why the Mr.Heater F215100 MH4B Heater is also an excellent recommendation. It's indoor safe, and you can use it to cover rooms over 95 square feet in size. Plus, you will be pleased that this unit will provide a continuous and odor-free ventilation experience in your space.
The simple on and off buttons make this unit simple and safe to use to make things better. Plus, the run time with the maximum BTU time would be 5.6 hours. Always remember that safety is among some of the key factors to consider when you want a good heater. Thus, this is why the F215100 propane heater offers basic safety features for your needs.
These include the well detailed instructional manual and cool touch design. Also, low oxygen sensors and accidental tip-over are key aspects of the safety you can expect from this unit.
You need a unit that is suitable for use in different settings. Whether you want to use it for camps, workshops, job sites, porches, or more, this Propane heater is the perfect solution for your needs. Furthermore, the heavy duty construction means that you have a reliable heater for years. You can carry it in your trunk, or share it with close friends and expect back in good condition.
2. ProCom PCC80V Propane Convection Heater, 80,000 BTU
- ASSEMBLED IN USA - Product is proudly assembled in the USA....
- TECHNOLOGY - 80, 000 BTU Operates off Liquid Propane Gas, on...
- DEPENDABLE - Two (2) heat settings: Low – 40,000 BTUs / High...
- SAFE - Push-button ignition, No electricity required!
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
Make your kitchen space way more functional when you have the ProCom PCC80V convection heater. It's a powerful machine that will provide an exceptional 360 degrees of heating. Plus, the long-lasting heater is rugged and can run on over 11 hours of power on a 20lb unit. Capable of providing over 80,000 BTUs of power, this heater is reliable and fully functional.
Equipped with a heavy-duty design and structure, you will be pleased with the several years of reliable operation this unit can provide. You can even carry it around in your truck, and it does get mind getting thrown around as you move. Equipped with controls that are simple to use, you have a reliable heating machine for various purposes.
The heater can provide an exceptional heat output to make it ideal for preparing different types of food. With the PCC80V heater, you won't have to struggle with ignition, even if the temperatures are unusually low. Why? Its because this unit starts like a genuine “innovation.” Furthermore, the push-button ignition ensures the heater starts up conveniently each time. You will be pleased with this commercial-grade heater that is available with a 10ft hose pipe.
3. Texsport Bulk Tank Double Propane Heater
- Connects to bulk tank (not included)
- Pressure regulator on/off control knob adjusts burner up to...
- Auto shut off valve shuts off fuel if flame goes out
- Durable ceramic burner for even heating and increased heat...
- Display box
Take the comfort of your garage to the next level with the Texsport Bulk Tank Propane heater. It's easy to set up because you can connect to a bulk tank conveniently. It’s a propane heater that is compact, but powerful enough for heating most indoor spaces. Furthermore, the easy customization knobs makes it easy to calibrate the functions of this machine.
To make things better, the inclusion of a pressure regulator means that you can adjust the burner up to 10,000 BTUs to make it highly convenient to use. The inclusion of an auto shut off valve makes it easy to regulate the fuel and when the flame goes out. It has a well balanced design to make it suitable for various surfaces.
Thanks to the durable ceramic burner on this unit, you will enjoy even efficient heating in your indoor space. The Texport brand has gone a step further by including a display box for your convenience.
Best Over $150
1. Avenger FDT20BFA Dual Fuel Ventless Blue Flame Gas Heater
- ASSEMBLED IN USA - Product is proudly assembled in the USA....
- TECHNOLOGY - 20, 000 BTU Patented DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY using...
- DEPENDABLE - Thermostat Control offers automatically cycles the...
- STYLISH - Without compromising function for beauty, this...
- ECONOMICAL - 99. 9% efficient with Vent Free gas burner. No...
The Avenger FDT20BFA is also another serious contender on this list. Why? Well, it's a powerful machine that can provide well over 20,000 BTU of heat. With such large amounts of heats, its easy to see why this unit can heat over 950 sq inches of space. The amount of space your machine can heat is crucial, especially if you have a relatively large indoor space.
It also comes with a thermostat control that provides automatic cycles for on and off control. The thermostat also offers excellent heat flow, which could improve the warmth of your room. While you may have to calibrate the functionality of the thermostat, it's easy to use and can provide reliable auto temperature features.
Plus, the heater is also stylish, without causing any compromise to your interior space. It has a redesigned structure, which makes it a slim and exceptional addition to your modern home. You will also be pleased that it's a vent free gas burner that works well for various types of heating. Thanks to the battery-assisted ignition and an inbuilt oxygen depletion sensor, this offers the most convenient techniques for managing heating.
2. Mr. Heater 30,000 BTU Blue Flame Natural Gas Heater
- 30,000 BTU Natural Gas heater to heat spaces up to 1000 square...
- Blue flame burner for even convection heat. Maximum Elevation...
- Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS). CSA Certified. Heater...
- Operating this heater at altitudes over 4,500 FT above sea level...
- Fuel Type:Natural Gas.Not for use in bathrooms, bedrooms, or...
The winter months are coming, and you need to be well prepared. That is why the Mr. Heater 30,000 BTU vent free heater might be an excellent addition to your modern space. It's a natural heater, which you can use to heat spaces that are over 1000 square feet in size. Furthermore, the blue flame burner offers excellent convection heat, perfect for days when the weather is exceptionally cold.
Remember that getting a Mr. Heater brand is well known for its popularity for providing high quality electrical resources. Therefore, you are right when you have the “30,000” watt version of this unit. You will be with it for many years, and the exterior design makes it a stylish addition to your space.
With the automatic low oxygen shut-off system, you are always sure of a reliable heating performance supply. It's a heater that does not require an external source of power. The two common types of vent heaters are the infrared and blue flame types, which the Mr.Heater brand considers. The blue flame is unique because it's highly efficient and safer to use for warming than the infrared types. Since this unit is a blue flame heater, it provides warm and efficient heating results.
3. Comfort Glow GCH480 Propane(LP) Cabinet Heater
- Not for use in living areas; Variable output (6K-12K-18K BTU's)
- Instant radiant infrared heat.Heating Area: 450 sq. ft
- Hose and regulator included; 20 lb. propane(LP) cylinder (not...
- Protective front grill; Four rolling casters for easy mobility
- ODS, oxygen depletion sensor, safety feature
Propane heaters can be convenient when you are well informed. We also recommend the Comfort Glow GCH480 heater as an excellent way to complement the functionality of your indoor space. The heater can provide instant radiant infrared heating for more than 450 sq inches of space.
The feature list of this does not stop there when you have the GHC480. You mean there it can do more? Yes, the GCH480 also has an ODS, oxygen depletion sensor that makes it highly convenient to use. Equipped with push-button ignition, lighting up a propane heater has never been this easy.
Mobility is sometimes an important factor, especially if you have a large garage space such as the commercial types. Thus, this is why the Comfort Glow heater has you covered. It features sturdy wheels, which you can easily use to move it around your indoor space.
With all these unique features, it's easy to see why this unit is the perfect utility machine. It can run off a 20lb cylinder tank that you can conveniently store in a corner. The good thing is that this unit provides 6K, 12K, and 18K BTU choices for your convenience.
1. Camco 57341 Olympian LP Gas Catalytic Heater
- No flame, flue or chimney
- No electrical drain or battery connection make it the ideal...
- Silent operation - No fan or blower noise
- Self-generating piezo starter
- 100% safety shut-off valve
A good heater is an excellent way to improve the functionality and quality of your indoor space. Consider the CAMCO 57341 Gas Catalytic Heater, which is powerful, safe, and reliable. The heater is easy to adjust from 3200 to 6,000 BTU/hr – perfect for convenient heating.
Furthermore, it features wave heaters that can function with low-pressure gas. You will also find it easy to mount on walls or your chosen surfaces. Whether you want to go boondocking or dry camping, this unit is a perfect addition to your regimen. It comes with a safety shut off fuel valve, which you can use to stop accidental non-ignition issues.
The heater functions with low-pressure gas, and you will find it easy to mount. It also features a 100% safety shut off valve that you can use to stop accidental ignitions or fuel discharge. The good thing is that the inbuilt piezo sparker can last for well over 20,000k starts.
Whether you want to use it as a secondary heating source for your RV, home, or cabin, this unit will deliver reliable heating each time.
2. Mr. Heater F272700 40, 000 BTU Propane Garage Heater
- Efficient, cost effective infrared heat
- For use in buildings with 12 to 15 ft ceilings
- Clearances: Top - 36", Sides & Back - 30", Below - 68"
- Heats up to 1000 sq. ft.
- No electricity required, Maintenance free; no moving parts
Mr.Heater ranks among some of the top brands when it comes to making propane heaters. Therefore, this list would not have been complete without the F272700 garage heater. It's a powerful, efficient, and cost-effective addition to your modern space. The good thing is that it does not require any electricity because the propane cylinders are simple to replace.
You will also be pleased that this unit is maintenance-free and does not have any moving components. This unit's exceptional performance means that you can use it to heat over 1000 square feet of space.
With this unit, you are sure of plenty of power, even when power outages occur. Furthermore, this unit's thermostat is included to make it highly convenient to use in various settings. For indoor settings, you are sure the safety functions on this have you covered.
3. Dyna-Glo BFSS30LPT-2P 30,000 BTU Liquid Propane Heater
- Liquid Propane Ready (Fuel conversion not permitted)
- Blue Flame Technology works by convicting heat to warm the air...
- 24, 000-30, 000 BTU's/hr. adjustable heat output for up to 1, 000...
- Thermostat control knob automatically maintains your ideal heat...
- No electricity required allows for reliable back-up heating...
If you have ever come across top brands when it comes to producing electrical tools, Dyna Glo has to be among the leading brands. The BFSS30LPT liquid propane heater is powerful and convenient to use. Capable of providing between 24,000 – 30,000 BTU/hr of heat, this unit is perfect for different types of spaces. You can use it conveniently in spaces that are as large as 1000 sq ft in size.
It also features a unique thermostat control mechanism; you are sure of a tool that provides automatic temperature regulation functions. As you would expect with all heaters, the BFSS30LPT heater does not require any electricity to function. It's a blue flame heater that burns with high levels of efficiency.
You will find it easy to adjust the heater's temperature to your desired level, and its also thermostat safe. Thanks to the in-built oxygen depletion sensor, the heater will shut down when there is a lack of carbon monoxide. Just one press of the igniter makes the ignition effortless and easy to start up. The entire set includes all the tools and hardware you need to mount this unit on a wall.
Keeping warm has never been this easy. The range of devices and resources on the consumer market for such applications is nowadays exceptional. We took the time to look at some of the best indoor propane heater review aspects you should consider. When you have one of these tools with you, getting a reliable heat supply is always easy and convenient. Before you use a propane heater, ensure you practice the right safety techniques because propane is highly combustible.