When projectors initially became available, they were out of reach for most people. If you find a reasonably priced model, it was most probably deficient in features. Things have changed, and you can now buy the best projector under $2000 that is packed with features and has great image quality.
Nowadays, 4K resolution is quickly becoming the norm for TVs and projectors. Each of our recommendations will provide exceptional image resolution, super HD picture quality, ease of setup for first-time projector users, and a good gaming experience. We have solutions for you, whether you require home theater projectors or an ultra-short-throw projector for PowerPoint presentations.
Are 4K Projectors Under $2000 Worth It?
If you want the best features in one projector, $2000 is a great bargain. You can choose from a broad range of projectors at this price point, including DLP, LCD, laser, and some of the most beautiful short-throw projectors.
In a 4K projector under $2000, image sharpness is crucial. There's little use in buying a home projector if the visuals onscreen aren't impressive. Input lag is a problem among gamers, and most models are built with this in mind. You should also look for a projector that is simple to set up.
We have reviewed the nine best 4K projectors, each with its own set of pros and cons. This will make it easier to choose which projector to bring home.
Best 4K Projector Under $2000
1. Optoma HD142X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector
- Screen Size Range: 66-inches from 8 feet; 107-inches from 12 feet
- Brightness: 3,000 ANSI Lumens. Computer compatibility: FHD, HD,...
- Contrast Ratio: 23,000:1; Keystone Correction: Yes, Lens Shift:...
- 2 x HDMI (1.4a 3D support) plus MHL v1.2, Audio Out 3.5mm, 12V...
- Operating Conditions: 5°C - 40°C, Max. Humidity 85%, Max....
Coming first in this list of the best 4K projector under $2000 is the Optima HD142X 3D DLP Home Theater Projector. It comes with 5W speakers and a bulb that may last up to 50,000 hours. Furthermore, it generates excellent pictures, even on a white wall, making viewing simpler.
Image Source: Optoma
However, this projector does not support the 3D effect and is not Bluetooth compatible. It does, however, come with a one-year guarantee. In addition, the Projector boasts a straightforward user interface with a natural layout of functions.
2. BenQ HT3550 4K Home Theater Projector
- TRUE 4K PROJECTOR: 3840 × 2160 or 8.3 million Individual...
- CINEMATIC COLOR TECHNOLOGY: our out-of-the-box factory calibrated...
- HDR-PRO TONE MAPPING: Designed to provide greater contrast, which...
- 10-ELEMENT LENS ARRAY: specialized all-glass lens grouping...
- INSTALLATION FLEXABILITY: vertical lens shift (5%) and short...
This 4K projector with HDR compatibility is ideal for viewing 4K movies with a high contrast ratio. The projector has 8.3 million pixels to improve picture quality and generate high-resolution, brilliant 4K images.
The DCI-p3 color technology and ultra-high-definition color technology. It produces stunning color for any movie or picture that has large-screen functionality. Not to mention that it has a low input latency, ensuring that your movies run smoothly.
Image Source: BenQ
The smart lens is capable of producing more crisp-looking photos and a true 4K cinematic experience. The Cinema mode is quite dependable for watching movies at home. It is an affordable 4K projector for 4K enthusiasts, and users may employ theater mode to have an amazing viewing experience everywhere.
Other features in this 4K projector include brightness and contrast adjustment, 3D effects, and HDR 10-like pro capabilities. The HT3550 smart projector goes above and beyond your expectations. It supports cinematic technology, allowing for a true cinematic experience even at home. It's also quite simple to set up.
3. XGIMI Horizon Pro 2200 ANSI Lumens 4K Projector
- True 4K Technology: 3840 x 2160 (4K) Standard Resolution with...
- Room-Filling Sound: Dual 8W built-in Harman Kardon speakers,...
- Intelligent Screen Adaption Technology: ±40 Degrees Auto...
- Advanced Image Engine: X-VUE 2.0 Image Engine, 60Hz MEMC...
- Android TV 10.0: 5000+ Google Play apps. Wirelessly cast...
If you're in the market looking for the best 4K projector under $2000, the Xgimi Horizon Pro is a good choice. It's an advance over Xgimi's Horizon smart projector, which has a native resolution of 1080p.
The Xgimi Horizon Pro has a 4K native resolution for super-sharp visual clarity. A single unit of this projector can generate 4K pictures, provide excellent audio through Harman Kardon speakers, and support Android TV.
Image Source: XGIMI
In addition, the Xgimi Horizon Pro has a 2200-lumen LED light source, which is brighter than a typical projector. Its LED light source keeps cool compared to a light bulb-based projector, and it can last up to 25,000 hours.
It offers a simple setup when compared to a regular projector. It automatically adapts to the screen size once it is switched on. It does all picture changes, including keystone correction, automatic focusing, obstacle avoidance and automatic screen alignment.
4. BenQ TK800M 4K UHD Home Theater Projector
- 4K PROJECTION TECHNOLOGY - 8.3 million distinct pixels deliver...
- DLP BETTER BY DESIGN - DLP Technology provides a better image...
- PLAY GAMES IN 4K.: Play your favorite console games in sharp 4K...
- HIGH CONTRAST RATIO: A high Native contrast ratio ensures that...
- OUTSTANDING BRIGHTNESS: Packed with 3000 Lumens of brightness,...
This TK800M 4K projector has a large range of performance that provides a more noticeable magnificence. The model is known for its wide dynamic range, improved image quality, reduced input latency, and ability to pull out every detail of 4K video footage.
The cornerstone revision makes it simple to change images for almost any screen size. Football Picture Mode is a mind-blowingly immersive experience. Another distinctive feature that sets this projector apart from the competition is the Football Sound Mode.
Image Source: BenQ
The HDR10 and HLG content boost the device's performance. It comes in handy when using BenQ elite projectors with enhanced HDR. The full HD 1080p combined with 4K UHD reduces pixel opacity and allows for spectacular views of lush green grass, close-ups, and fine details.
You can watch sports and movies with ease and take advantage of an upgraded gaming mode for gamers. BenQ color aptitude expertly balances all forms of high visual brightness or unique colors, which is another key feature of the BenQ TK800M 4K UHD.
5. ViewSonic Smart LED 4K Projector
- BIG SCREEN HOME THEATER: Immersive theater-like experience in 4K...
- LAMP-FREE PROJECTION: Solid-state LED technology with 30,000-hour...
- VIVID COLORS: 125% Rec. 709 color accuracy and HDR content...
- PREMIUM AUDIO: An efficient airflow design reduces fan noise and...
- FRAME INTERPOLAR TECHNOLOGY: Ideal for intense action-packed...
Viewsonic is a well-known electronics company that offers projectors in a variety of price ranges, from affordable to luxury. The Viewsonic X100-4K is the company's most recent 4K model. It combines all of the greatest features that a best 4K projector under $2000 can provide.
This projector stands out from Viewsonic's other projectors with a compact design and low weight. The X100-4K is jam-packed with features to provide you with the greatest output. Its design is similar to that of some high-end home theater projectors from Sony, Benq, or JVC, which can cost up to $5000.
Image Source: ViewSonic
It has LED projection technology with twice the brightness. It has a brightness output of 2900 lumens, making it suitable for viewing during the day. It has two large cooling fans on the back to keep the LED lamps cool and Harman Kardon stereo speakers on the left and right sides for wide sound quality.
Additional features such as Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and smart TV integration allow you to watch your favorite content directly from the projector. It also has a real 4K resolution, which enhances your watching experience since it supports HDR content.
6. Optoma UHD50X True 4K UHD Projector
- TRUE 4K ULTRA HD: Experience high-quality home cinema feel with...
- LAG-FREE GAMING: Introducing the world's first ultra-fast 240Hz...
- HDR & HLG COMPATIBLE: Enjoy brigher whites and deeper black...
- DYNAMIC BLACK: Dynamic Black technology provides more depth to...
- FLEXIBLE INSTALLATION: Whether ceiling mounted or placed on a...
Optoma UHD50X is another best projector under $2000 for leisure, gaming, workplace, and education. Its 240Hz refresh rate and 16ms response time make it excellent for gaming. Modern games need minimal latency and a high refresh rate to feel smooth and engaging.
This projector's enhanced gaming mode provides excellent color and visual output while playing games. Furthermore, the projector has a brightness of 3400 lumens, making it suitable for usage in both dark and bright environments.
Image Source: Optoma
The Optoma UHD50X features a muted appearance and a small, white-colored body in terms of design. It's under 9 pounds and features crucial controls on the top, including zoom and lens shift knobs.
While most 4K projectors on the market create a 4K picture using 1080p resolution and pixel-shifting technologies, this is not a real 4K resolution. The Optoma UDH50X has native 4K resolution, ensuring that you receive the finest display quality while viewing a 4K video.
It displays 4K HDR content at its best image quality. The HDR compatibility improves your movie or TV series viewing experience, making it a great 4K projector under $2000. You receive the best picture quality when watching your favorite show, making it stand out from other projectors in this price range.
7. Anker Nebula Cosmos Max 4K UHD TV Projector
- True Cinema Experience: Watch your favorite movies, sports...
- A New Dimension of Sound: With Dolby Digital Plus and Sound...
- Adjustable Image Size: Change the size of Cosmos Max’s image...
- Upscale Everything: Cosmos Max breathes new life into your old...
- Endless Entertainment: Whether you want to indulge in an...
The Anker Nebula Cosmos Max is the best option for a compact 4K projector under $2000. It is a lightweight and portable projector from Anker that provides 4K quality and comes pre-installed with Android 9.0 OS.
This projector features an oval shape throughout and has a 4x speaker array with Dolby Music compatibility, according to Anker, which offers 360° of True 3D audio. You get features like autofocusing and auto keystone correction since it's a smart projector.
The projector lens is on the front, while the rear has a power button and a few connection choices, such as two HDMI connectors, two USB ports, and an optical audio port. Thanks to an LED starscape and the Nebula logo on the top, the projector stands out in the dark.
Image Source: Anker Nebula
The projector has four 10W speakers for a total sound output of 40W, making it loud enough for a medium-sized room. It also has Chromecast functionality, ensuring that you can easily connect this projector to the internet and your mobile device.
8. LG HU70LAB 4K UHD Smart Home Theater CineBeam Projector
- 4k uhd resolution (3840 x 2160)
- up to 140 inch screen
- up to 1500 ansi lumens
- alexa built-in
- lg webos lite. use the included magic remote on this lg cinebeam...
The LG HU70LAB is a great pick if you're searching for a feature-rich projector with smart TV-like capabilities. It features a basic appearance that is consistent with other LG projectors.
It's the best-LED 4K projector under $2000, with a brightness of up to 1500 lumens and a small size that makes it simple to transport. LG's WebOS operating system controls this smart home entertainment projector.
Additionally, it is a 4K projector with built-in smart assistant capabilities such as Alexa and Google Assistant. Using such services, you may use voice commands to manage the bulk of the projector's settings. Wireless communication options like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are also available on this projector.
Image Source: LG
This projector outshines when it comes to performance with the lower brightness rating that limits its use throughout the day. The colors are bright and provide ambient light in a somewhat gloomy space. Its superior color accuracy is unmatched.
The projector keeps reasonably cool during operation since it employs LEDs as a light source. Furthermore, the magic remote included in the package provides a broad range of functions. It also comes with a microphone and an exclusive function known as Air Mouse, which moves the cursor as you move the remote.
9. Epson Home Cinema 4010 4K PRO-UHD (1) 3-Chip Projector
- TRUE 3 CHIP PROJECTOR DESIGN – Advanced 3LCD technology...
- 4K RESOLUTION PROCESSING – Advanced pixel shifting technology...
- HDR PROCESSING – Full 10 bit HDR (3) color processing accepting...
- DIGITAL IMAGING PROCESSING – Realtime 12 bit analog to digital...
- OUTSTANDING BRIGHTNESS – Capable of displaying 4K content at an...
The Epson Home Cinema 4010 is designed exclusively for a high-end home theater experience. It is an amazing option if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a 4K home theater projector.
In its advanced version, it is the best movie projector under $2000 since it uses Epson's renowned 3LCD projection technology. The projector's 3-chip design ensures a wide color gamut, allowing you to enjoy lifelike picture quality.
It features full 10-bit HDR image processing as well as real-time 12-bit analog to digital video processing for smooth image quality and the elimination of compression artifacts found in other home theater projectors.
Although we have included it in our best 4K projector under $2000, it produces a 4K image using pixel-shifting technology. As a result, it lacks the native 4K resolution of the other 4K projectors.
Image Source: Epson
This projector uses a 250W UHE bulb with up to 2400 lumens to brighten the image. The bright color reproduction and high contrast ratio will vastly improve your movie-watching experience and provide ambient light in a reasonably dark home theater setup.
Additionally, the Epson Home Cinema 4010 has a 3-axis precision motorized lens on the front. This feature allows for horizontal lens shifting of up to 47 percent and vertical lens shifting of up to 96 percent. As a result, it has exceptional zoom and focuses on an extremely crisp picture.
What Do You Consider When Choosing the Best Projector Under $2000?
The lamp's brightness mostly determines the quality of the projected picture. However, this doesn't imply that you must get projectors with the maximum brightness for the best projection quality.
Three thousand lumens of brightness is more than enough for the best projectors for home entertainment. You can also quickly modify the lighting in the room or the projection on the large screen to get the best image. However, if you want to organize a conference with hundreds of people, you'll need a projector with at least 7000 lumens of brightness.
2. Lamp Life
A lamp is included with every projector, and it gives light for a certain period of time until it stops operating. Lamp life on some of the best 4k projectors varies from 2000 to 20,000 hours throughout its lifetime. Remember that a new bulb produces a brighter, clearer picture but gradually loses its brilliance.
3. Contrast Ratio
The difference between an image's brightest and darkest parts is referred to as the contrast ratio. Therefore, the contrast ratio is an essential factor to consider when assessing a projector's display quality.
Ideally, the bigger the contrast ratio, the better the projector's capacity to show details. Projectors with a contrast ratio of 10,000:1 or more provide crisper pictures than those with a contrast ratio of 5,000:1 to 8,000:1.
The sound quality or presence of built-in speakers is the next consideration. The functionality is not critical for the office bit. It is required for domestic entertainment. The best projector under 2000 should have an excellent quality built-in sound system so that you won't need separate speakers.
5. The Type and Number of Connection Ports
A good projector will have several ports. Here are a few examples of the most common connection ports:
- HDMI is one of the most widely used connection connectors nowadays. The picture broadcast via the HDMI connector is often of higher quality than that delivered through the VGA port.
- Composite/AV port: This allows you to connect your projector to a TV, DVD/VCD player, Bluray player, or another well-known device.
- The projector's USB port allows you to exchange documents directly with the projector.
- The signal port can project images from machines on the same LAN.
- The newest projector models also use wireless connectivity such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to boost transmission speed and physical connection connectors.
6. Image Quality
Picture resolution is affected by the picture quality, pixel shifting, and lens shifting in horizontal and vertical directions. You must also examine color, brightness, sharpness, and other aspects for picture quality.
Also, look at the technology employed, mobility, lens shift, zoom range, and resolution in depth. Vertical lens shift, little input latency, and a reasonably large throw distance are all features of an excellent projector under 2000 dollars.
7. The Design of the Projector
This issue is often disregarded by buyers when selecting a projector. However, projector design factors such as weight, size, simplicity of use, and mobility can significantly impact your projection experience.
A small, portable solution will be better if you need to move the projector often. If you're buying a projector for the first time, your top priority should be not just quality and longevity but also ease of use, so you don't have trouble getting it set up.
Your budget is an important consideration when looking for the best 4k projector under $2000. One of the most important decision considerations is your budget, and understanding the pricing may sometimes help you decide on projector features.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Projectors
1. Which is best, an LCD projector or an LED projector?
LCDs need constant filter maintenance and have lower contrast. LED projectors may last for more than 20,000 hours. As a result, they create more vibrant colors, use less energy, and require less maintenance. LED projectors are also more compact and generate less heat.
2. How many lumens does an outdoor daytime projector require?
If you want to use the projector outdoors during the day, you should look for one with a least 3000 lumens regardless of screen size. The closer to 4000 lumens and beyond you go, the better. However, at least 3000 will be adequate for outdoor usage during partly sunny hours on a smaller screen.