Best Memory Foam Pillow to Buy in 2021
Using the right pillow is the best gift you can reward yourself. After a long day's work, you look forward to the 8 hours you will spend sleeping, saving enough energy for the following day. Here is the thing though, if you use the wrong type of pillow, one that doesn't match your requirements, you could spend these whole 8 hours turning in your bed because you are not comfortable. Therefore, getting the right pillow is more than essential.
There are many types of pillows you can choose from, and this definitely does not make your search any easy. Have you considered memory foam pillows? If so, you have come to the right place. This article will discuss 5 memory foam pillows, why you should choose them, why you should avoid them, and what factors you must consider before getting one.
1. Best Overall: Coop Home Goods - Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow
- FINALLY – YOU HAVE FOUND THE ONE! – Meet the world’s best...
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE, YOU ARE IN CONTROL – Experiencing pain,...
- IS YOUR PILLOW GREEN GUARD GOLD CERTIFIED? – Our Coop Home...
- WE CARE – ONLY THE HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS USED! - The case...
- YOUR BEST SLEEP EVER, GUARANTEED - You can now purchase with...
If you are looking forward to enjoying a good night of sleeping undisturbed, you should get this memory foam pillow from Coop Home Goods.
Many companies use recycled foam scraps to fill their pillows, but that is not the case with this one. The company produces fresh memory foam to fill each pillow they make, and it guarantees you quality over other pillows. What is even better is that every pillow comes with a bag of extra fill for users who want a higher loft. If you require a lower loft, you can simply remove some filling to suit you. It is a pillow that takes care of types of sleepers, even snorers.
This pillow is ideal for side, back, and stomach sleepers. It is made with excellent quality memory foam, which is CertiPUR-US, and GREENGUARD Gold certified to guarantee you comfort and safety.
It is also approved as cruelty-free and vegan, so you don't have to worry for a second that any animal was harmed at any stage of production.
The pillow's cover is another great feature of this pillow. You obviously want a comfortable and safe cover because it is the one part of the pillow you will use the most. This Coop Home Goods pillow comes with a cover made with 40% proprietary Lulltra fabric, which is an excellent blend of bamboo and 60% polyester to make it breathable and soft. It is an essential feature if you are prone to allergies because you will suffer none sleeping on this cover.
2. Best on Budget: WEEKENDER Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Pillow
- Soft, yet supportive CertiPUR US certified memory foam provides...
- Infused with temperature regulating gel for more comfortable...
- Ventilated design maximizes air circulation
- Removable cover is machine washable; Standard size, mid loft...
- Firmer than traditional down or down alternative; 3 year warranty
Maybe you've spent so much on pillows you've actually given up, but you still want a new memory foam pillow for better sleep. Look no further than this one from Weekender!
The pillow is CertiPUR US certified, so you don't need to worry about your safety. It is a very soft and supportive pillow with a ventilated design to give you maximum comfort and enough air circulation even on very hot nights.
While the pillow is ideal for all sleepers, it is significantly better for side sleepers who like their hand beneath the pillow.
This pillow comes with a machine washable cover and has three models you can get for the whole family; standard, queen's, and king's pillow.
3. Best Hypoallergenic: Snuggle-Pedic Original U.S.A. Made Ultra-Luxury Bamboo Shredded Memory Foam Pillow
- Conforming Shape: Great firm or fluffy support pillows for...
- Memory Foam Pillow: Shredded-style memory foam encased in a...
- Premium Fabric: The luxury bamboo pillow for sleeping is crafted...
- Kool-Flow Tech: The Kool-Flow bed pillow standard size helps cool...
- Comfort: Looking for the best pillows for sleeping? These fluffy...
Many memory foam pillows can be very firm and heavy. If this is why you have kept off memory foam pillows, this Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Shredded Memory foam Pillow is out to change your mind.
It is made with a mix of special hypoallergenic and extremely low Volatile Organic Compound (V.O.C.) laboratory tested foam. It comprises very small pieces that are soft and fluffy that make lighter pillows more resilient than the other types of memory foam pillows. The pillow conforms to your neck and head to give you orthopedic support.
This pillow is ideal for all types of sleepers and people who struggle with neck pain and snoring because of its conforming ability.
It comes with a machine washable cover made with 43% Viscose Bamboo, 56.4% Polyester, and 6% Lycra to adhere to the company's Kool-Flow Technology for covers. The cover is soft, luxurious, and breathable to allow air to circulate for the ultimate cool experience.
The cover and shredded foam filling is carefully manufactured in the U.S.A. without toxic chemicals to prevent allergies if you are prone to severe allergic reactions. The pillow is also dust and mite-resistant.
For the best customer service, the company offers a 120-night trial period whereby if you are not satisfied with the product, you can return, hassle-free.
4. Best Ergonomic: IKEA Rosenskarm Ergonomic Pillow
If you struggle with back pain and neck pain, look no further than this ergonomic pillow from IKEA. It features a contoured design that is ideal for back sleepers and side sleepers.
Manufactured with solid memory foam rather than shredded memory foam, this pillow is firmer than most options, making it ideal for pain therapy.
It comes with a breathable cover to keep moisture at bay. It is also easily removable and machine washable so that you can enjoy a good night's sleep with a clean and fresh pillow.
If you are a side sleeper, you are advised to use the higher part of this pillow when sleeping to enjoy an ergonomic sleeping posture. If you are a back sleeper, you should use the lower part to keep your neck and spine aligned.
5. Best Cooling: Casper Sleep Foam Pillow
- Our supportive three-layer foam pillow helps align your neck and...
- A meticulously designed inner layer contours to your head and...
- Tiny channels in the foam circulate air out and away to prevent...
- Made from materials that are safe for you and the planet: our...
- Foam 77% Polyurethane Foam, 23% Viscoelastic Polyurethane Foam....
Living in an area with a hot climate should not prevent you from enjoying the best nights; all you need is an excellent cooling pillow. If it is what you are after, this Casper Sleep Memory Foam pillow is all you need.
The pillow's cooling power comes from the CertiPUR-US certified perforated foam, which allows adequate airflow.
It also features a sophisticated design of three layers of foam to give you maximum support and the right spinal alignment to prevent neck pain. Inside this pillow is the dense memory foam that supports your head and neck. The outer layers are designed with extra cushioning to contour to your shape and sleeping style.
This soft pillow has a breathable jersey knit cover made with a blend of 88% polyester and 12% spandex. The cover is also approved by the OEKO-TEX Standard 100 as safe for use.
Factors to Consider Before Buying The Best Memory Foam Pillow
a). What is a memory foam pillow?
It is a pillow made with memory foam, also known as viscoelastic foam, because it softens and contours to your shape when you lie on it. The pillow is ideal for you if you are looking for extra support to alleviate pressure points in your neck.
b). What to consider when buying a memory foam pillow
A pillow is a huge investment for you as it dictates how comfortably you sleep. If a pillow is not good enough, you are bound to have long, sleepless nights that will ultimately affect your productivity during the day, and in extension, your quality of life.
When looking for the best memory foam pillow, you should at least understand these types of memory foam pillows to help you decide which is the correct one:
- One-piece pillow. These are pillows filled with one solid memory foam block. These types of pillows can come in many shapes, from the traditional pillow shape to modern ergonomic pillow shapes. With one-piece memory foam pillows, you have to be very sure of the amount of firmness you want as you can't adjust after buying.
- Shredded memory foam pillows. These are pillows made with shredded pieces of memory foam. They are most ideal when you are not sure of your ideal firmness and loft, as you can always add or remove some shredded foam to suit your needs.
Now that you understand your filling options, let us discuss some factors you need to consider before purchasing a memory foam pillow.
- Your sleeping style/position. If you are a side sleeper, you may love a one-piece memory foam pillow better. If you prefer sleeping on your back or stomach, you might find it easier to sleep on a shredded memory foam pillow as you can always adjust the size to suit your preferences.
- Firmness level. Your sleeping style and body type dictate the amount of firmness you require. When buying a memory foam pillow, you should understand they range from soft to medium firmness. If you opt for a one-piece pillow, you will only get one level of firmness. A shredded pillow lets you adjust your firmness level.
- Loft. A pillow loft is the height of your pillow when laid on a flat surface. Your ideal loft keeps your spine and neck aligned in a straight line. Most one-piece pillows have a medium to high loft, and most feature removable pads inside the cover that you can remove to adjust your loft. Shredded memory foam pillows can also be adjusted to any loft you prefer by removing or adding foam filling.
- Price. While most memory foam pillows have the same price range, shredded foam pillows often come at a higher price than the one-piece pillows since they may use more foam. You might also want to check for pillow offers when buying a mattress, as many companies offer free pillows when you purchase a high-quality mattress.
There are many benefits of using a memory foam pillow, especially if you have been struggling to sleep comfortably and peacefully at night because of neck pain or snoring, among other disturbances.
Memory foam pillows conform to your neck and head to relieve any extra pressure and offer adequate support to help you sleep better. Since they take the shape of your body, they also absorb movement to reduce noise when you twist and turn, guaranteeing you little or no disruption to your sleep.
Memory foam pillows are not the cheapest in the market, but they are designed to help you enjoy a whole night's sleep, which will inevitably improve your productivity and quality of life.
Deciding to buy the best memory foam pillow can be a daunting task because of the many options available in the market. Hopefully, this article will guide you to your most ideal pillow.