If you own a home and are not connected to a municipal water and sewer system, you need to take care of your septic tank every now often. For this, you need to get the best septic tank treatment that you can easily flush in your toilet, and it will reactivate needed bacteria to work.
Every home requires a working septic tank if it has a hygiene system in place. This tank is where all human waste goes before the natural bacteria separate it into solids and liquids. This will be human waste and toilet paper, and water from other areas of your house in most homes.
The best treatments increase the effectiveness of the bacteria before you pump the tank every few years. Most are designed to be used monthly, while others are packaged in different dosages. If you want to buy the best septic tank treatments, keep reading as this article will review the best 5, and also share a few before-buying considerations.
1. Best Overall: Cabin Obsession Septic Tank Treatment 1-Year Supply
- 🌿 YOU’RE JUST ONE FLUSH AWAY FROM A HEALTHY SEPTIC SYSTEM!...
- 🌿 SCIENTIFICALLY SELECTED BACTERIA CULTURES. Each packet...
- 🌿 ALL NATURAL, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, & MADE IN THE USA....
- 🌿 ELIMINATES ODOR, AND GREAT FOR YOUR RV AND BOAT TOO. Not...
- 🌿 PREVENTS EXPENSIVE SEPTIC BACKUPS AND REPAIRS. A small...
You can buy these 12 packets of active bacteria to digest all waste in your septic tank and eliminate any odor or clogs. Each packet is pre-measured to treat a 1000 gallon tank, and you only need to flush one per month.
Each packet, formulated with billions of live scientifically selected bacteria cultures, helps activate and recharge organic enzymes that break down all solid waste in your tank. This fast-results approach is ideal since it prevents waste from clinging to the walls to create unpleasant smells or clog pipes.
The treatment is made in the USA with natural and environmentally-friendly ingredients that are safe for household use. It is strong enough to treat any cesspool, plumbing lines, aerobic, and anaerobic septic systems. It is also ideal for boats and RVs.
2. Best For Monthly Use: Walex BIO-31112 Bio-Active Drop-Ins Septic Additive
- Simply drop packet in toilet and flush - use one per month
- Billions of bacteria and septic specific enzymes per dose
- Helps prevent back-up and dissolves away solids
- Safe for all plumbing
This brand sells these pre-packaged septic treatment pods that you simply drop into the toilet bowl as you flush. When using, it would be best to flush them down before cleaning the toilet as they can easily leave residue behind.
The treatment is made with powerful bacteria & enzymes to break down solid waste from your septic tanks' surface and bottom. If ignored, these solids can make their way to the leach field to clog it, thus causing an environmental hazard.
When you use this Bio-Active treatment from Walex, you will restore the biological of good bacteria and enzymes to break down all the solids. With a balanced population, you will prevent odors, clogging, and solids overflow for better septic tank health.
It is best to use one pod a month to treat a septic tank size of 1500 gallons. Additionally, drop the pod as the toilet flushes since they dissolve quite fast, and you want the treatment carried down the septic tank as fast as possible.
3. Best For The Money: Green Gobbler SEPTIC SAVER Bacteria Enzyme Pacs
- NEVER HAVE SEPTIC PROBLEMS AGAIN. Protect your septic tank with...
- PREVENT COSTLY SEPTIC BACKUP AND REPAIRS. Green Gobbler Septic...
- CONTAINS 6 MONTHS OF TREATMENT. Each bag of Septic Saver contains...
- REDUCE SEPTIC ODORS. Septic odors are some of the most obnoxious...
- GUARANTEED, OR YOUR MONEY BACK. Green Gobbler’s conscious...
The first few things you think about when treating a septic tank are how fast the treatment can work, how safe the treatment is for the environment and your pipes, and how easy it is to use it. Green Gobbler answers all these questions with their safe and easy-to-use bags of bacteria enzymes for your septic tank.
This package comes with four bags of biodegradable treatment. Each bag carries 6 packs, and you can use one every month, making it an adequate supply of 2 years at a discounted price. When treating a septic system, it is vital to be consistent and use treatments that will not impede the natural bacterial process.
This treatment is made with biodegradable and non-polluting ingredients that will protect the ecosystem and protect your pipes from damage and corrosion. It is formulated with bacteria and digestive enzymes to digest oils, grease, tissue paper, and organic matter to keep your septic tank in great health.
While you dread any unpleasant odors seeping through your walls, this septic treatment digests all organic matter such on pipes to kill any odors. To use, you only need to empty one packet of the treatment into your toilet and flush.
This treatment is ideal for home use, RVs, and even some commercial systems. It comes with a 30-day money guarantee from Green Gobbler.
4. Best Powder: RID-X Septic Tank Treatment Enzymes
- #1 BRAND septic professionals have used in their own tanks
- BREAKS APART SEPTIC WASTE: RID-X is specifically formulated to...
- 100% NATURAL BACTERIA AND ENZYMES: Gentle on pipes and tanks.
- EASY TO USE: just add to toilet and flush!
- HELPS PREVENT septic back-ups and COMES IN THREE CONVENIENT...
If you want really fast results, you are better off with a powder treatment for septic tanks. This option from Rid-X is designed to start working the moment you pour it into your toilet bowl. At 9.8oz, it is a one-month treatment ideal for tanks of 1500 gallons.
It is made with natural bacteria and enhanced cellulase digestive enzymes to break down all solid waste, toilet paper, oils, and protein for a healthy septic tank. It contains no harsh chemicals that would corrode your pipes or harm the environment; thus, a USDA-Certified Bio-Based product.
This Rid-X powder is eligible for the company's Subscribe & Save program that allows you to access all their products at discounted prices every month, plus free shipping.
It is an effective and easy-to-use powder that will guarantee the better health of your septic tank. To use, simply pour the contents of the pack into your toilet bowl. Allow for the powder to attach to the water and then flush twice. Note, you have to let the powder dissolve into the water lest some of it will spread into the air when you flush.
5. Best for Clogged Systems: Instant Power 1868 Septic Shock
- EFFECTIVE EMERGENCY DE-CLOGGER: This powerful drain clog remover...
- SUPER-CHARGED FORMULA: Our septic tank treatment and drain...
- LIQUEFIES ORGANIC MATERIALS: Put less elbow grease in cleaning...
- ELIMINATES ODORS: Bad odors inside or outside your home could...
- SAFE AND EASY-TO-USE: Our clogged drain cleaner is free from...
if you have a clogged septic system, you should get this 67.6 Fl Oz treatment. It is a liquid treatment specifically designed with protease, lipase, cellulose, alpha-amylase, and other powerful enzymes to digest grease, fats, soap, and paper, plus all other clogging matter.
Supercharged with billions of bacteria, this treatment reconditions clogged tanks and clears crystallized soil in the drain field for proper porosity. Even though it is best used for unclogging, it also digests the contents of your septic tank to remove unpleasant scents.
It does not contain any harsh chemicals that would corrode or harm your plumbing lines and pipes. However, this product is best used on clogged septic systems, not as a regular septic treatment option. With a 100% money-back guarantee, the treatment is a good place to start in regaining a healthy septic tank.
To use, you only need to pour all contents of the bottle in your toilet and then flush. It will go down the drain eliminating any clogging matter and smells.
Factors To Guide you When Buying the Best Septic Tank Treatments
These are the essential considerations you should make before buying the best sewage treatment solutions.
a) Your tank Capacity
When buying a septic tank treatment, it would be best to find out your septic tank's size first. Knowing how many gallons your tank holds is a sure way to buy the most effective formula. Without the tank size, you could end up buying a treatment that is either too strong or too weak to balance the bacteria and enzyme population.
b) Septic treatment format
Different septic tank treatments come with different features, starting with the format. The following are the different formats you can choose from for your best solutions.
- Pods. These are septic tank treatments encased in water-soluble bags. They are very common and preferred by many users because they are pre-measured doses and safe to handle even with bare hands. once in the water, the casing dissolves, and the treatment gets dissolved as you flush the toilet.
- Tablets. Similar to pods, tablets are also pre-measured doses that you flush down the toilet. However, they lack the outer encasing ad take a little longer to dissolve in the tank fully. If you decide to use tablets, it would be best to wear gloves when dropping them in the toilet bowl.
- Powders. Like how your use pods and tablets, a powder is another format you will find when buying a septic tank treatment. Powder formula is easier to dissolve in water and starts working immediately you pour it into the bowl. However, since it is a pre-measured dose, let the powder get immersed in the water before you flush to prevent some of it from flying away under pressure.
- Liquids. Liquid treatments are by far the easiest to use. Like other formats, most are pre-measured, and all you need to do is pour the bottle contents into the toilet and flush. However, it is most common to find liquid treatments intended for unclogging septic tanks and not for monthly use.
Before you buy a septic tank treatment, it will be best to understand how long a single dosage will remain effective. You can find treatments every month, every three months, every six months, or every 12 months. For unclogging, you can find single-use treatments that should be followed by periodic septic tank treatments.
Additionally, when you buy a treatment that you should administer periodically, it would be best to keep the dates in mind, even set reminders on your phone if it helps. Some septic tank treatment brands, like Green Gobbler, also have apps that can set reminders for you.
When your septic tanks are newly installed, they work naturally without the need for additives. Bacteria and enzymes occur naturally to treat human waste, and thus, the treatments you buy should be centered around natural or eco-friendly ingredients.
Check the ingredients section of your septic tank treatment to ensure they don't contain formaldehyde or phosphate, as these are harsh chemicals that will destroy the ecosystem.
Additionally, it is best to pay close attention to your product's active ingredients to determine how effective it will be in dissolving solid waste. It's probably best to avoid products that don't guarantee to balance the bacteria and enzyme population to improve health in and around the septic tank.
While most septic tank treatments ate not expensive, you can look for those that come with unbeatable offers and discounts. Most companies package their treatments so they can last you longer periods. For instance, you can find a single package that can last you two years, like the Green Gobbler Septic Saver, which features four packets with six bags of monthly treatments in each packet.